• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Right click "open with" does not work correct Photoshop Elements 16

New Here ,
Feb 26, 2018 Feb 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have have bought Photoshop Elements 16 and use it on my Windows 7 Professional SP1   PC

If I try to open a jpg file using a right click and "open with"  and choose Photo Shop Elements , Photoshop Elements opens but it does not open the jog file itself.

I have seen some people asking this before but found no correct answers yet.

My PC works fine , the "open with" function also works fine with in every other program that I use (also in my opld PE program). 

Can someone answer my question why PE does not work correct and what I should do to change PE accordingly.

Thanks in advance

Greetings Hans

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Valorous Hero , Feb 26, 2018 Feb 26, 2018

Hi,

Does it open the editor or the welcome screen?

In the open with options, do you see "Photoshop Elements 2018 Editor" and selecting that?

Brian

Votes

Translate

Translate
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Does it open the editor or the welcome screen?

In the open with options, do you see "Photoshop Elements 2018 Editor" and selecting that?

Brian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah great, I never realised or knew that I had to choose Photoshop Elements 2018 editor as standard program in the "open with" function. This feels like "or you put the plug in the socket" Lol, I'm a programmer. 

Thanks Brian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ps standard the "open with"with function only shows Photoshop Elements 2018   , not the editor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

That is what I see under Windows 10.

When you go to "Open with", is there a choose another app option? If so did you check that list?

Another trick you could try is as follows:-

Got to the folder C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Elements 2018

Right click on the file PhotoshopElementsEditor.exe and select copy

Right click somewhere within the folder and select copy - that should produce a second copy of the file

Rename the copy to PSE2018ED

Now see if that shows up under Open with

I have noticed that Windows sometimes gets confused and that trick seems to solve it.

Brian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Brian , at first the editor did not show in the list using the "open with" function.  I now used the "select standard program" function in the "open with" popup panel and looked up PremiereElementsEditor.exe  in  my software folder  C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 2018 and set that as standard.

This should work in many windows and pse versions I guess.

Hans

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines