• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Save As Default Name in Editor

Community Beginner ,
Oct 14, 2019 Oct 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I do a "Save As" in the Photoshop Elements 18 (2020) Editor, it automatically adds "_edited-1" to the end of the original filename.  This is NOT how I want to create the new filename, and it is driving me crazy to have to delete this suffix before appending the one that I want for this particular file.  How can I prevent the program from automatically adding this suffix?  This didn't happen in the previous versions that I've used (through version 16, 2018).

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A quick check with PSE2019 and PSE2020 shows that there has not been any difference for me.

Do you save in a version set or not?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Shortly after I posted my message, I noticed that my recent edits were showing up as version sets in Organizer. That's when I realized I had not unchecked the Version Set box in the Save As dialog since I started using PSE 2020. After unchecking that box, the automatic suffix went away. Thanks for your replay.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines