• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Save for Web not working in Elements 15

New Here ,
Apr 16, 2020 Apr 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to save images for the website. However, the message error "Could not complete this operation. An unknown error has occurred". I removed the (Adobe Save For Web Elements Prefs) file in the preferences of the library, as oriented in another post (https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-elements/save-for-web-not-working-in-elements-15/td-p/88462...). However even after I removed the file, the bug was not fixed. I am using the last macOS Catalina version 10.15.4 , and my adobe is Adobe Photoshop Elements 15. Please, could someone help me? 

TOPICS
Bug , Mac , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This link is for Photoshop, not Photoshop Elements but you could check file/folder names don’t include any special characters.

You could also check to see if Catalina has quarantined any components or plugins.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/photoshop-and-macos-catalina.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you 99jom,
The save of web options are not working, and I did not insert any special characters in the original or exported files. Unfortunately, I did not understand how I can solve this problem checking quarantine option in macOS. If you have an additional step to help me with this situation, I will be grateful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m not completely sure where these items are stored as I’m still on Mojave. But you could try a workaround.

You can use the menu: File >> Save As

Then choose the format e.g. PNG, Jpeg etc. But first use the resize dialog:

Image >> Resize >> Image Size

Set resolution to 72 and check the boxes to constrain proportions. Then type into the boxes for pixel dimensions the width and height required. As you make the changes you should see an estimate of the file size you are saving.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 17, 2020 Apr 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't think there is any fix for save for web in pse 15 on macOS Catalina.

Users of photoshop had the same isue till adobe issued an update and

that update for photoshop elements users is photoshop elements 2020.

You see macOS Catalina made some major chanes to the mac operating system and as such, older versions of adobe applications usually don't work very well if at all on Catalina. As an example, older pse versions like pse 15 use some

help apps that are 32 bit and Catalina will not run 32 bit apps, so that in itself can cause major issues with applications that came out before Catalina.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines