• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Saved edited image blank

New Here ,
May 12, 2019 May 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many times I have resized an image in Ps elements and saved as a copy in my MS pictures folder.

This time What happens is I get a blank "image", with the correct title, and when I click on properties, I can see the size , date etc.  But no image.

I did this just 2 wks ago without any problems.  Related to MS update?

How do I fix this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What format are you saving as?  If you are saving as a PSD file, you will not be able to see a preview thumbnail in Windows File Explorer.  If you double-click on the blank image, does it open correctly in Photoshop Elements Editor?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2019 May 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greg, I use photoshop editor to resize my image, then 'save as' a jgp in my Pictures folder.  I've never had a problem till this last MS update.  The blank image when clicked on, is still blank in Pictures folder.  I can click on properties of the 'blank' image and get the size date etc., but no image is there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 13, 2019 May 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

loisannek83300085  wrote

Greg, I use photoshop editor to resize my image, then 'save as' a jgp in my Pictures folder.  I've never had a problem till this last MS update.  The blank image when clicked on, is still blank in Pictures folder.  I can click on properties of the 'blank' image and get the size date etc., but no image is there.

But what happens if you double click on the file.  Does the image open correctly in the Photoshop Elements editor?  Can you give us a screenshot of what you are seeing. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2019 May 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greg, here are photos of the problem I'm having...starting with the edited

image, showing you how I saved it, and then the blank image next to the

original image

ideas why?

Loisanne

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 15, 2019 May 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No photos are attached. You can't attach photos from email or a phone.

Please see here:

FAQ: How do I capture and post a screen shot or video?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use this to have psd thumbnails in windows:

MysticThumbs - Image thumbnails for Windows Explorer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 14, 2019 May 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

It would be helpful if you could share the OS details and the version of Elements with which you're facing this issue.

Thanks,

Medha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines