• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Saved images not seen in Windows folders

New Here ,
Aug 16, 2017 Aug 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am saving images (JPEG, PSD, etc.) from Adobe Elements to my Windows folders, but when I navigate to those folders My Computer > Folders the images are NOT showing up.

However, if I use Adobe Elements File > Open, then I can see that the images are present in those folders.

Also having problems with Elements crashing when I try to save an image. Then when I reboot the program, the images that I saw before through Elements are no longer present.

I have reviewed and changed Windows Explorer preferences and options to show hidden files, but the problem persists.

I have uninstalled and re-installed Elements, but the problem persists.

This problem started suddenly. I used Abode Photoshop Creative Suites for 10+ years, but switched to Elements a few years ago.

Can anyone help me?

My system:

PC

Windows 10

Adobe Elements 14

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To resolve the crash, try clearing the preferences once.

To do so, go to Edit > Preferences and click on Reset Preferences on next launch.

Now re-launch Editor.

Regarding saved file not visible in Windows Explorer, what is the format you are using to s ave the files?

Thanks,

Anwesha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I fixed the problem.

I downloaded the latest Windows update.

I uninstalled and reinstalled Elements, and downloaded the latest update.

That seems to have fixed the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2020 Nov 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi..Actually am also facing same issue ... Once i edit and save image in jpeg format in folder after i navigate image is not visible... Please assist me to get rid of this problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 02, 2020 Nov 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 

As mentioned above, can you please try to update the Windows OS and reinstall the program after fully uninstalling it. https://helpx.adobe.com/in/photoshop-elements/kb/uninstall-premiere-elements-photoshop-elements.html

Let us know if this does not work for you.

Regards,

Nidhi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2024 Jan 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

updated the latest Mac OS and reinstalled app same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Jan 20, 2024 Jan 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You have to refresh your file explorer view, or shut the explorer down and open it back it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines