• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Saving in Elements for PC

Community Beginner ,
Jan 13, 2019 Jan 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've downloaded and am using Photoshop elements in my PC.  Everything is fine but when I go to save, it keeps saying it can't find the "edited" file and wants me to overwrite the original file.  I want to save it as a copy and keep both the edited and original file.  What am I missing??

[Discussion successfully moved from Photoshop to Photoshop Elements - mod]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jan 19, 2019 Jan 19, 2019

Thank you for all your help.  As it turns out, the latest version of Windows Defender was blocking everything, including any new program or file etc.  At first I turned off these services and when that worked I turned it off.  Not sure exactly what it was as my IT guy did it and knew right away what it was since it had happened on so many of his machines.  It now saves as it should.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 15, 2019 Jan 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'd require some more information from your end. Please mention the version of Photoshop Elements you're using as well as the Operating System of the machine.

Furthermore, do you get the same message when you save the file using File > Save and using File > Save As options? It would be helpful if you could specify the behaviour in each scenario and attach a screenshot of the error messages.

Thanks,

Medha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 16, 2019 Jan 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using the latest version of Elements as I just downloaded it from the windows app store on Windows 10 latest version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 16, 2019 Jan 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no bar with a File option.  When done working on the photo it saves by going back or pressing the SAVE/SHARE option but when you press OK it says the file cant be found so do you want to save it, which ends up overwriting the original.  I see no way to copy it.Here is the error....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 18, 2019 Jan 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Please refer to the following screenshots to locate the File > Save/Save As options.

Save As.PNG

Also, please try to save the image to some other location, say Desktop, instead of the iCloud Photos folder.

Thanks,

Medha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 19, 2019 Jan 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for all your help.  As it turns out, the latest version of Windows Defender was blocking everything, including any new program or file etc.  At first I turned off these services and when that worked I turned it off.  Not sure exactly what it was as my IT guy did it and knew right away what it was since it had happened on so many of his machines.  It now saves as it should.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines