• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Saving Mac OS Photos

Community Beginner ,
Aug 08, 2020 Aug 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just purchased PhotoShop Elements 2020 for Mac from the Mac App store hoping it would integrate and work better than some recent versions.  I couldn't even get Photoshop Elements 2019 purchased from Adobe a year ago to open anymore even after redownloading and reinstalling.  Anyway, what I can't figure out is where my edited photos go.  I use MacOS 10.15.6 Photos to collect and organize and do exposure editing.  I only need Photoshop Elements if I need to do more than that.  So I can alt click a photo and select "Edit With" and select Photoshop Elements 2020 editor.  The app opens appropriately and I make my edits and have tried to save and save as, but I cannot find the edited photo.  I thought it would just go to the original folder and be visualized in my Photo album.  But it doesn't.  I can't even find it with the Spotlight search.  The only way I can find an edited photois if I do a save as and specify a folder or deskt or site outside of the Photos app.  What I want to do is save my edits into the original Mac OS Photos album.  How do I do this?

Thanks.

TOPICS
How to , Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 09, 2020 Aug 09, 2020

You can edit directly from your library in the Apple Photos app and save back into the library from the Elements editor app, but it requires an extension. See my blog link below for further information.

https://99jon.blogspot.com/2016/03/external-editing-from-photos-app-on-mac.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Aug 09, 2020 Aug 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can edit directly from your library in the Apple Photos app and save back into the library from the Elements editor app, but it requires an extension. See my blog link below for further information.

https://99jon.blogspot.com/2016/03/external-editing-from-photos-app-on-mac.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 09, 2020 Aug 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your suggestion. That indeed seems to have solved it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines