• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Saving Scan Settings

Contributor ,
Jan 14, 2020 Jan 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd like to save scan resolution setting at 600, but it always defaults back to 150 which is no use to me. 

TOPICS
How to , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Contributor , Jan 17, 2020 Jan 17, 2020

many thanks, had a look at this, not something I normally use.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,
Jan 14, 2020 Jan 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know if it will work, elbmek but give this a try.  Navigate to C\Program Files\Adobe.  Right click on the Photoshop Elements Organizer application inside Adobe folder and select Run as administrator.  Set desired preference(s) and exit the program.  See if this makes a difference on your next launch and you won't need to run as administrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 15, 2020 Jan 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when I first investigated, after your message arrived, I accidently clicked on 'take ownership' first. A dos window thundering away and eventually told me it had been successful - oops! Anyway I carried on with your suggestion and the prime purpose did not materialise. Some things did change including the home screen for PS showed up which I didnt want so I checked the desktop icon and it was good, and didnt show screen again (?).

The resolution has not changed. It keeps defaulting to 150. So I have to manually reset it to 600. But when I come back to the software to scan some more images from old magazines (for a local history web site) its back to 150. There must be a setting somewhere to 'default' it to my prefered. I went through the settings section by section but could not find anything, it must be something in the scripts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 15, 2020 Jan 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, my belief is that there is no way to make that setting 'sticky'.

Did you consider scanning with the software associated with your scanner and importing the resulting files from 'files and folders' to your catalog or opening directly in the editor? Those softwares are generally much smarter than the WIA Windows scanning interface.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 17, 2020 Jan 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello michel and thanks for replying. Looks like I will have to continue with manual. I do open scanned images directly in editor. I have several web sites dedicated to several WW2; local history etc and am scanning images a lot. Considering the complexity of PSE2010, I would have thoguht the user would have more control. Shame.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to scan using the Canon software in the printer, at 600, its a bit long winded, and is actually quicker using PSE. Anyway, I scanned the pic, took it into PSE and sorted it out but when I went back to the scanner to do another, its had reverted to auto.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One other point, can I tell it to save into jpg all the time?  Whenever I scan into PSE its in bmp and,again, manually I have to adjust it.

edit: I had to reinstall PSE2019 as I went too far messing with settings and got lost - not hard for me!! We have an old saying in the Uk - 'let sleeping dogs lie' ...................

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"One other point, can I tell it to save into jpg all the time? Whenever I scan into PSE its in bmp and,again, manually I have to adjust it."

If I scan from the organizer, I can set the organizer preferences in the scanner section to choose file type and compression. That preference is sticky.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

many thanks, had a look at this, not something I normally use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 20, 2020 Jan 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think I have solved it. Set resolution to, say, 500 or 600; use scanner' adjust image to whatever you are doing, close PSE and work elsewhere. Come back to PSE, open it up and select custom settings. I found that the previous setting of same number was there. As long as I opened custom settings and not the 'adjust resolution' linked sentence, I was ok. It is so simple!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines