Highlighted

Scam via Adobe

Participant ,
Mar 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very soon after asking a question on this forum I received two scam emails, seemingly via this website, asking for bitcoins.

I did not reply. I did change my password.

Has Adobe been hacked?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Scam via Adobe

Participant ,
Mar 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Very soon after asking a question on this forum I received two scam emails, seemingly via this website, asking for bitcoins.

I did not reply. I did change my password.

Has Adobe been hacked?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Mar 09, 2019 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Mar 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These are community, public, forums. ANYONE in the world can send you a message. So no hacking is necessary. Please share with us their Adobe IDs, from the email, so we can report these scammers.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 09, 2019 0
Participant ,
Mar 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When this is interesting. When I first opened these emails there where many references in the headers to Adobe; I showed my wife these and she said what is Adobe doing? Hence my question.

Now I have changed my password the headers no longer refer to Adobe but to Amazonses.com.

Looks like I should not have asked here, but rechecked the headers after changing passwords.

Wonder how the headers changed after I received the emails?

Now to try Amazonses.com

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 09, 2019 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
Mar 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The email is sent from Adobe's servers, by Adobe processes. This is all normal, because Adobe's site handles all the messages.

No idea about headers changing. Adobe use amazonses, like many big companies, as well as their own servers.

I'm really not sure what you are looking for or trying to prove; you will get (very sadly) fake and real messages. If you want to know if a reply is actually from Adobe staff, don't rely on Adobe in the email address, or Adobe in their name. Instead return to the forum and look in your messages. Adobe staff have an Adobe icon on their message which can't be faked. Apparently.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 09, 2019 0