• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

SCANNER OPENS ELEMENTS, BUT THE JPEG DOESN'T OPEN. IIT DOES OPEN IF I GO AND CLICK DIRECTLY ON THE ITEM IN EXPLORER

New Here ,
May 02, 2019 May 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a new computer with Office 365.  I loaded Photoshop Elements and it works fine.  If I click on a JPG in explorer it opens in Elements.

However, if I scan a picture as a JPG (Canon flatbed) it opens Elements, but the picture does not open in elements unless I go to where it is saved in Windows Explorer and I click ob it.

The old computer ran Windows 7 and the same scanner opened Elemants AND opened the picture scanned.

Is there a setting in Elements that needs top be changed to make the scanner open the picture as it did in the past?  I don't see any options to change in the scanner software.

Thanks for any help.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can change the default app for jpeg files by going to Settings>Apps>Default Apps>Choose default apps by file type.  You can choose the Organizer as a default app for jpegs although that is a little strange as a choice.  If the file is not already in the Organizer, you will be given the option to import it into the Organizer catalog.

For scanning, it seems to me that a better choice would be to start off in the Organizer and then select Import>From scanner.  That way the scanned image will be save to your hard drive and imported immediately into the Organizer.

I'm assuming you are using Win 10 and Elements 2019.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greg:

I thought of that – even tried it once - guess the newer Office or Windows 10 must be responsible because I had no problem when I had windows 7. Both the Elements and the scanner software are the same as I used on the old computer

Guess if I’m scanning several different pictures I have to do this each time.

Thanks for your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 03, 2019 May 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You can save your scanned files to a watched folder and they will be automatically imported into the Organizer the next time you launch it.

What version of Elements are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines