• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Scanning with 2020

New Here ,
Feb 02, 2020 Feb 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please help with scanning. I use 2020 with Windows 10. I'm unable to access the Professional Mode panel. Without it I can't scan slides, 4x5" negatives or select resolution choices. Has Adobe done away with this important feature? Thank you kindly.  

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Feb 03, 2020 Feb 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry that you're facing difficulties using Photoshop Elements 2020. 

Would you mind sharing some more details? Which exact function of Photoshop Elements are you referring to?

As you're scanning images are you able to do the folowing in Elements Organizer?

• Click Import. Select From Scanner.
  • Select File > Get Photos And Videos > From Scanner.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2020 Feb 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I can Import and select from Scanner....but then I'm advised that my scanner could not be launched. I think my Epson V800 is properly connected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 10, 2020 Feb 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a second try to reach Mr. Akash. I don't know what happened to my last reply.  -  Good day Mr. Akash. I am now able to connect with my Epson scanner...thank you. However, I sill cannnot scan. I have a 4 x 5" negative to scan in my scanner now. A dialog box pops up and askes me "What do you want to scan"? But the dialog box will not allow me to scan my 4 x 5" negative. This dialog box seems to be designed for beginners...it will not accomodate higher-level scanning. I've been using Adobe and Epson products for many years and a different, more advanced, dialog box was always provided. That box is called Professional Mode. It permitted all of us to scan color/black & white negatives, slides, negatives from 35mm to 4 x 5". We also could select higher resolutions ... and more. This beginners box prohibits us from making high quality images. Without Professional Mode we will never be able to scan anything of high and professional qualty. If you are unfamiliar with the Professional Mode box I can text or email a picture of it to you. Thank you for your ongoing help with this frustrating issue.       Gene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you downloaded and installed the latest driver from Epson for this scanner?

What happens when you scan using the software that came with the scanner? Does that allow you to advance to the "professional mode"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for helping. - I think I have properly downloaded & installed the Epson software for use with the Adobe Elements 2020. Other features of the software work okay. - I only use the scanner, negative holders, etc. that were provided by Epson. - If possible I can send a picture of the Professional Mode and also of the other mode. In the alternative, I would be pleased if you could remotely jump in. Thank you again. Gene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 12, 2020 Feb 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good day ...  I have not heard from you. Are you waiting for something from me?     Gene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I was waiting to hear what happens when you scan not via Photoshop Elements. 

We look forward to your progress.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Apparently, this has been a bumpy ride for twain users for quite some time now and not the fault of anyone in particular.  I've never once used twain in 20+ years of scanning, preferring instead, a method currently referred to only as [gasp!] a "work around".  I've always found using stand alone software and saving scans to a desktop folder for post processing most agreeable and you might too.  Good luck with your search for a solution.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/kb/twain_scanner_compatibility.html

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/kb/twain-installed-photoshop-elements-11.html

https://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/3580111

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines