• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Screen text on start

Contributor ,
Jul 16, 2019 Jul 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I open PSE direct the text and buttons are too small to see, But, when I open PSE from an image, the screen is easy to read and understand. I want to make PSE the same, why should it open itself with miniscule text. I am on Win 10 x 64 and a 28 inch screen. Desktop res is 3840 x 2160 which works on every program except PSE.

I have just tried an re install, now both versions are too small to read.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Jul 17, 2019 Jul 17, 2019

Thanks for the heads up, Photoshop Elements 9 was not designed for high resolution monitors so I cannot be certain if the above suggestion will work here.

~Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi elbmek,

Sorry that the user interface for text and tools in Photoshop Elements is too small. Let's help make this right.

Try the following and hopefully the results will be better:

1. In the Photoshop Elements editor go to Edit>Preferences>Display & Cursors and set the UI Scale Factor to Small-100% Then quit the Photoshop Elements editor.
  2. Go to C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Elements, right click on the PhotoshopElementsEditor.exe click on Properties>Compatibility>Change high DPI Settings>Override high DPI scaling behavior>System Enhanced.

Screenshot-(115).png

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi azash, using the program link in the desktop icon I changed the text to larger. But I cannot find the UI setting in preferences. I neglected to mention that I am on PSE 9. The situation above has now reversed with a full screen readable opening on program. When I click on an image to edit it the image appears in a quarter sized top left small print screen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the heads up, Photoshop Elements 9 was not designed for high resolution monitors so I cannot be certain if the above suggestion will work here.

~Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I did suspect that but I was worried that Iif I bought a more modern version it may do the same. As a pensioner, I cant afford big money, so which version do you suggest I upgrade to. I have a few hobby websites and do a lot of photo editing for those sites. Well, at least I have the direct programme link now working properly.

I am buying PSE Premier 2019 - hope it works

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 19, 2019 Jul 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I bought from amazon PSE Premier 2019 ; its rubbish and not what I wanted.  I want PSE. But when I search for one all I can find is with cloud at $$$$ a month. NO! I want a standalone DVD/CD version for 2018/19 that runs on hi res monitors. I do not want the full Photoshop. I would never use it.

Links anyone?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines