• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Scripting + Bulk Image Resizing

New Here ,
Oct 11, 2019 Oct 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to crop or canvas resize a multiple images where certain amount of pixels on one side will be removed. How do i achieve that? Now there is already a function under File -> Process Multiple Files
https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/using/opening-files.html#process_multiple_files

Also I'm a bit new to this, so if there is a script for it, I also would like to know how to install it or run it. Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens when you use File>Process multiple Files?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well if I want to resize image from say 250x250px into 100x100px then it's perfect! If I want to squeeze it a bit and hope nobody notice the difference say 270x250 into 250x250, then it's perfect too. But I need to cut out borders that are not suppose to be part of the image. Something that should be possible using Crop or Canvas resizing.. And I don't have an option for that there... 😕 sadly.. https://i.imgur.com/GZ4JIFy.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

You can create a custom script for this purpose. Please refer to this link for the documentation guide.

https://www.adobe.com/devnet/photoshop/scripting.html

Feel free to reach out to me if you need any further assistance.

Thanks,

Medha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2020 Feb 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will that scripting work with Elements? (2020). It says Photoshop CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 27, 2020 Feb 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop Elements also supports scripting, but it all comes down to the particular workflow that you wish to automate. Not all features have scripting support.

Regards,

Medha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 27, 2020 Feb 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use the menu:

Image >> Resize >> Canvas Size

For example the dialog below shows an image size of 2560 x 1440

If I wish to adjust the height to 2000 without affecting the width I would type the desired dimension into the height box and click off the horizontal pointers. The resizing is then only applied to the height. You can only do this on individual images.

Canvas-Size.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 28, 2020 Feb 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Vadim_Cool said:

But I need to cut out borders that are not suppose to be part of the image.

You might want to try the Image>Divide Scanned Photos option.  It should cut out any borders.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines