• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Selected Stars don't always show up? Now using Element 14, should I upgrade?

New Here ,
Apr 10, 2020 Apr 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I rate some photos with stars but the star rated photos don't always show up if I am for instance browsing through 'all media' or working in a particular folder where I clearly know there should be photo files where I have previously selected stars . But, if I search using Ratings using = and for instance 5 stars, those photos with 5 stars will show up. If I look at the information for location of those photos it will say the location is in the folder where they are not seen when just browsing. AND, if I delete the stars from those selected photos and look back at the folder where I know they should have shown up (with stars) will then show up as they should. In other words, adding the stars seperates those files from the folder and inserts them again when the stars are removed.

My VIEW > Hidden files is set to 'show all files'. Do you think I have an error happening in my program? Suggestions? Can my program be 'repaired' without worry of losing years of work? Do you think upgrading to Elements 2020 would clear up this issue? If I did upgrade to Elements 2020 would I be able to revert back to Elements 14 without issue?

I look forward to hearing from you.

TOPICS
Organizer

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 12, 2020 Apr 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are you seeing the Organizer adaptive view which looks like a collage of photos? If so switch to the default view by pressing Ctrl+D (Cmd+D). You should then see regular thumbnails with info. Sometimes more information is displayed if the thumbnail slider is moved to the right to slightly increase the size.

If that doesn’t work in PSE14 you could try PSE 2020 free for 30 days. You will still be able to use PSE14. Each version is an independent app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines