Highlighted

selection brush becomes invisible again certain colors

New Here ,
Jul 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use the selection brush as a deletion tool. On certain backgrounds i am working with and with very small brush settings the tool becomes almost invisible. Is there a way to change the color of the brush to make it more visible ?

thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

selection brush becomes invisible again certain colors

New Here ,
Jul 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use the selection brush as a deletion tool. On certain backgrounds i am working with and with very small brush settings the tool becomes almost invisible. Is there a way to change the color of the brush to make it more visible ?

thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jul 26, 2019 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jul 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can make certain changes to the cursor in Edit>Preferences>Display and  Cursors:

Snap10_2019.07.26_11h32m14s_001_.png

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 26, 2019 0
Mentor ,
Jul 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my PSE version 2 I can change the brush color in the Overlay Color box on the options bar.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 28, 2019 0
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using the section brush for selecting and then deleting...sp my mode is selection not masking. It also could be I do not know what I am doing.

thanks

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 28, 2019 0
Mentor ,
Jul 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here I want to delete the blue balloon (in lower right)

1. Paint the balloon with the mask (red in this example)

2. Switch to Selection. Everything except the balloon is now selected.

3. Invert selection (Select > Inverse). The Balloon is now selected.

4. <Delete>

If this is not what you are trying to do, please elaborate.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 28, 2019 0
jmusich LATEST
New Here ,
Jul 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did try what you suggested. It will have it's place in what I am trying to do. I am using comicbook covers to tell a different story then th original work. So to use a single image from a cover I need to delete everyting around it's outline. I want the borders of the image to be as clean as possible. I will attach an image I am working with both before and after. To get up against the outside border of the image I use the selection brush from the select category to get closer to the outline after using the quick selection if possible to get as close as I can to clean border. The question has to do with the setting while in the selection brush category. If it is at a 1 the outline of the cursor is nearly invisible. beginning image ,,,,

.richie rich 1.jpg

What I am trying to do...

thanks

richie rich 2.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Jul 28, 2019 0