• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

selection marker

Community Beginner ,
Feb 24, 2019 Feb 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when i try to select or use a crop i cannot see the dotted line.  Its VERY VERY faint.  How can this marker be changed to an easily seen WHITE dottted line - as in previous editions of PSE

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 24, 2019 Feb 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assume you are using Elements 2019.  I have not noticed any difference in visibility of the "marching ants" if that is what you are talking about.  The crop tool has a "shield" to display the cropped away sections of the image.  The opacity of the shield can be changed in Preferences.  As for the selection tool visibility, I think it depends on the image itself.  In this screenshot, the top part of the selection (1) has sufficient visibility, but the bottom part (2) is not so easy to see.  If you are having difficulty seeing your selection, try using the refine edge option and you will have various ways to see it.

Ashampoo_Snap_2019.02.24_12h47m34s_002_.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 01, 2019 Mar 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks for your response.

I don’t have a problem with seeing the ‘dancing ants’ when you use the ‘Selection’ tools.  What I can’t see is the dotted Crop selection line when I’m actually deciding the area to be cropped.  I often have to release the crop to see what my selection is and then, where necessary, redo the Crop.

I’m using PSE 14.  I’m sure on earlier versions it was possible to clearly see the Crop selection being used.

Regards

Tim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 01, 2019 Mar 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, but I'm not seeing your problem with PSE 14.  In the following screenshots, (1) shows the dotted line that appears when you are holding down the mouse button to crop; (2) shows the shielded box of what you have selected to crop (with Preferences>Display and Cursor setting the Shield box to 1% transparency); and (3) shows the Shield box set to about 70% transparency.Ashampoo_Snap_2019.03.01_11h52m53s_000_SnapCollage.png

It sounds to me that if you are not happy with the crop, you start the process over by clicking and dragging with the mouse from scratch.  To me, it is much easier to adjust the crop by dragging the bounding boxes around the crop.  If you want to see the underlying image more clearly while the shield is present, reduce the opacity of the shield.

Ashampoo_Snap_2019.03.01_12h06m52s_008_.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 07, 2019 Mar 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greg

I very much appreciate your helping hand in this matter.  You’ve enabled me to express the exact nature of the problem I refer to and I have attached 2 examples to illustrate my point.

The problem is me being able to see the Crop I’m attempting to achieve – in other words the dotted line displaying the boundary.

In the extract of the LIGHT screen shot I did, you can just see the crop selection – between the green foliage and the Blue flower pot and up to the top of the image.  It’s very faint because of the Light background.

In the extract of the DARK screen shot the chosen dotted boundary is easy to see against the Dark background.

I often seem to run up against this problem when editing my photos.  So my quest was, is there any way to boost the clarity of the crop selection, when its being decided, before executing that selection.  E.g. making the dots either bigger and brighter or a colour that will stand out against any background.

I’m fairly certain that having explained my problem I have also answered my own question.  The answer from my interpretation of ‘Preferences’ is NO.

Thank again for your assistance

Regards

Tim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tim.  You cannot upload photos to the forum via email.  You have to visit via web browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LIGHT Screenshot copy.pngDARK Screenshot copy.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LIGHT Screenshot copy.pngDARK Screenshot copy.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Web page

How do you reply? - nothing to seems to happen!

Where is the SEND command? – attached the images but there is no SEND and no means of seeing the chosen addressee!

Tim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/message/10966387#10966387

Is this how to reply with images?

Tim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you reply? - nothing to seems to happen!

Where is the SEND command?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK.  I see what you mean.  But have you tried my suggestion of using the handles on the darkened shield?  (Besides changing the opacity of the shield, you can also change it's colour if the background blends in.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 08, 2019 Mar 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Greg

The problem exists whilst deciding the actual crop – i.e. before releasing the mouse button.  In this case the crop boundary is very faint (against a light background) and the handles are not present.  Once the mouse is released the handles are present and the mask is also visible.

The work around solution, is as far as I can see, to create a crop area and then manoeuvre the crop once the handles and mask are visible.

Once again, thanks for your help.  I don’t see that I can mark this problem has been solved.  I think only ADOBE can resolve it by ensuring that the crop line is much clearer prior to the crop being ‘actioned’.

Regards

Tim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 08, 2019 Mar 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tim, you can make a feature request to Adobe on the Community Forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 10, 2019 Mar 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Greg – I have made the suggested feature request.

Regards

Tim

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines