• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Shapes and Arrows

New Here ,
Jan 15, 2019 Jan 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Photoshop Elements 2018.  I'd like to create an arrow.  In the tutorial, Create a graphic shape, reference is made to Shape tools in the Tools Panel. The tutorial shows a flyout menu with the following tools: Rectangle, Rounded rectangle, Eclipse, Polygon, Line, Custom shape.  I am unable to see these Shape tools in my Tools Panel.  How can I get them?  I appreciate your help.  Thank you, Susan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 15, 2019 Jan 15, 2019

susanjayhawk  wrote

I have Photoshop Elements 2018.  I'd like to create an arrow.  In the tutorial, Create a graphic shape, reference is made to Shape tools in the Tools Panel. The tutorial shows a flyout menu with the following tools: Rectangle, Rounded rectangle, Eclipse, Polygon, Line, Custom shape.  I am unable to see these Shape tools in my Tools Panel.  How can I get them?  I appreciate your help.  Thank you, Susan

Right click on Shape Selection Tool

Then left click on Custom Shape Tool

There

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

susanjayhawk  wrote

Right click on Shape Selection Tool

Then left click on Custom Shape Tool

There are several libraries with shapes, and in the default one, you should be able to access the arrow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello Susan,

As rightly mentioned by Hatstead, you must first click on the Custom Shape tool in the Tool Panel. Then you need to click on the drop-down icon adjacent to the Heart shape. Thereafter you'll be able to draw an arrow. Refer to the screenshot for more better understanding.

Arrow.jpg

Feel free to reach out to me if you need any assistance.

Thanks,

Medha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines