• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

simplifying font selection in text tool

New Here ,
Oct 13, 2020 Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a lot of fonts I have downloaded for use in scrapbooking projects. Is there any way to choose which fonts you want to show up when you open the text tool? Every font in my font book (I'm on a Mac) shows up and it takes forever to look through them all to choose the one I want. I can't just go in and delete fonts because the computer needs them. Fontbook separates 'User' fonts and 'computer' fonts so why isn't there a way in Photoshop Elements to just have your 'user' fonts or only the fonts you want show up in the tool. This would make using the text tool so much easier for everyone.  Is this not something that is as easy as choosing what brushes or what styles you want loaded? Is there a way of doing this that I don't know about???????I have been asking this question for years and have gotten no answer. Thanks for any guidance. Judy

TOPICS
Feature request , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 13, 2020 Oct 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't know if you can do this on a Mac, but here is a workaround for Windows:

Only keep the fonts you need currently (and system fonts) in the Fonts Folder.  Store the "extra" fonts in another folder and add them to the Fonts Folder as needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines