Exit

Since installation of Windows 10 build 1803, cannot open .jpg in PSE 2018

New Here ,
May 17, 2018 May 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am Window 10 64 bits and PSE 2018

Before, have no pbm to open my jpg either in calling PSE from the jpg. or by opening files from PSE

This morning, I have installed the Windows 10 build 1803. And since, when I try to do above actions, I have an error msg

"Impossible d'effectuer cette operation en raison d'un probleme d'analyse des données JPEG."

It fails whatever yu want to do, edit or create. I do not have an catalogue

I can load my .jpg using photos, and it is OK with PSE 6

Did yu face similar issuen and if yes, how did you fix it ? (I would prefer solutions wthout having to fall back or reinstall everything)

Thks for yr help

JF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 18, 2018 May 18, 2018

jean-francoisc62089106  wrote

PS : aside, have 4 Go RAM installed. Which is the minimum recommended for PSE 2018. Should I expect better performances if I add more RAM ?

Yes.

I don't have powerful computers but I can compare 3 affordable hardware configs:

- The present one with 8 GB and I3 processor: no problem at all, reasonably responsive even for intensive organizer use (however I don't use face recognition) and critical editor commands.

- My wife's laptop with 4 GB and I5 processor

- Another chea

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jean-François,

The new Windows 10 build 1803 has brought a number of problems and not only to different Elements versions, but it's the first time I see that specific problem with the 'analyse des données jpeg'.

Even if you don't use the organizer, there is a default (empty) catalog, but I don't think the message can come from the Organizer or a corrupted catalog.

- did you try to open any other file formats like .psd, .tiff, .pdf?

- the known other issues are often linked with RAM. What is the size of your RAM?

To be sure your jpeg problem is not linked with the organizer, you could open the organizer while keeping the shift key pressed. That brings a menu offering the option to start with a new catalog. Then you could go to the menu Edit>Preferences and uncheck all the options related to Data analysis. I don't think that's your problem, but this is to concentrate on other possible installation problems.

Anyway, I think that uninstalling/reinstalling PSE 2018 is something to try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue (most JPG files can't be opened because "...ha ocurrido un problema al analizar los datos JPEG" [="...there has been a problem while analysing the JPEG data"). Also, I can't save changes when I do manage to open a file. (Why won't Photoshop Elements 14.1 open some files, and why can't it save any changes? ). My problem, too, may well be the result of installing the latest (1083) Windows upgrade.

As for other types of file (MichelBParis's question), my PSE 14.1 can open TIFF and PDF; I haven't tried any modifications on PDF files, but when I make changes in a TIFF file and try to save the changes, the same error message appears as with modified JPG files: "No se ha podido completar el comando Guardar porque no hay suficiente memoria (RAM)" [="The Save command can't be implemented because there isn't enough (RAM) memory"].

In my case, PSE (v. 14.1) has been installed on this PC for a long time, and I've never had any problems until now.

Thanks in advance for any ideas...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

leopoldoc73893540  wrote

I have the same issue (most JPG files can't be opened because "...ha ocurrido un problema al analizar los datos JPEG" [="...there has been a problem while analysing the JPEG data"). Also, I can't save changes when I do manage to open a file. (Why won't Photoshop Elements 14.1 open some files, and why can't it save any changes?  ). My problem, too, may well be the result of installing the latest (1083) Windows upgrade.

As for other types of file (MichelBParis's question), my PSE 14.1 can open TIFF and PDF; I haven't tried any modifications on PDF files, but when I make changes in a TIFF file and try to save the changes, the same error message appears as with modified JPG files: "No se ha podido completar el comando Guardar porque no hay suficiente memoria (RAM)" [="The Save command can't be implemented because there isn't enough (RAM) memory"].

In my case, PSE (v. 14.1) has been installed on this PC for a long time, and I've never had any problems until now.

See that other post for the problems linked to the RAM size:

Ram trouble

That implies modifying the registry (at your risks and perils...)

I don't know if that can also solve the problem of file types.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I have the same issue.

I was in PSE version 15 and after windows 10 update I had this problem.

I wasn't also be able to copy/paste picture from the organiser to the editor. I was doing that regulary before windows 10 update.

Trying to solve the problem I made an install of the last version of PSE 2018 and I still have the problem. More than that I m not able to use any more the printer from the editor (it's working in the organiseur...)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

pierre-michelb87430404  wrote

Hello

I have the same issue.

I was in PSE version 15 and after windows 10 update I had this problem.

I wasn't also be able to copy/paste picture from the organiser to the editor. I was doing that regulary before windows 10 update.

Trying to solve the problem I made an install of the last version of PSE 2018 and I still have the problem. More than that I m not able to use any more the printer from the editor (it's working in the organiseur...)

Did you try to modify the registry as described in the previous post?

The problems created by the new Windows 10 build 1803 appear on various recent Elements versions.

Solving first the RAM memory problem seems to solve several issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2018 May 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeahhhhh it works ;;

Muchas gracias

Je vais répondre a tous les posts tellement je suis content et libéré d’un gros problème !

Grands merci

La solution ici aussi in English

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/invalid-numeric-entry-integer-96-8-required-photoshop.html

jp

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I can confirm that the RAM pbm is the source of different pbms, in my case

- cannot open ;jpg

- cannot write .jpg (when trying to write, terminates either in error, or simply close PSE)

- overall PSE is very slow (once opended, opening is fine on my side)

Have applied to recommended workaround, all pbms have gone

Many thanks to all of you to have shared yr experience, and indeed a special thanks to MichelBParis for his diagnostic and solution

JF

PS : aside, have 4 Go RAM installed. Which is the minimum recommended for PSE 2018. Should I expect better performances if I add more RAM ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

jean-francoisc62089106  wrote

Yes.

I don't have powerful computers but I can compare 3 affordable hardware configs:

- The present one with 8 GB and I3 processor: no problem at all, reasonably responsive even for intensive organizer use (however I don't use face recognition) and critical editor commands.

- My wife's laptop with 4 GB and I5 processor

- Another cheap mini tower desktop for use at the country home: 6 GB and low spec processor

I can work on all of them, with a big difference in speed, particularly when working with my big Fuji raw file in the Organizer (32BM each).

Other differences: ability to open many files at the same time in the ACR module (easily more than 200 jpegs in this computer) and to delete several hundreds of files at the same time from a catalog without the computer aborting.

Increasing RAM is the main performance factor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thks. Memory extension will be on my next Christmas list ....thought that memory was costing peanuts, looks like it iis

rather expensive.

Thks again for yr swift reply

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much indeed, MichelBParis !!!

As I've found out, this was, in fact, a RAM problem, so the procedure* described at Ram trouble​ solved both issues for me: a) I can now open all JPG files, and b) PSE 14.1 will again save changes (I've tried my luck with JPG and TIFF files).

Very grateful !!!

-------------------------------------------

*For easy access, I'm pasting the procedure here:

Ensure PSE 2018 is closed when using regedit.

Run regedit, go to: hkey current user > software > adobe > photoshop elements > 16.0 [14.0 in my case, with PSE 14.1]

Right click in right pane > new dword 32 bit value [The correct option is "new dword 32 bit value" even if it's a 64 bit version -- I first tried "new qword 64 bit value" to no effect.]

Type > OverridePhysicalMemoryMB

Open it > change to decimal > enter 8000 (eg 8000 MB for 8 GB RAM)

Click ok and close regedit [And the fix works right away, without having to reboot the PC.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much !!!

This procedure is working very well

All my problems are solve

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 26, 2018 May 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried every suggested REGEDIT change on this board and nothing works for me. I now have a dead in the water application that I need to have up and running. It is a lot for Microsoft and/or Adobe to expect non-technical people to be mucking around in their registry for something that the two giant corporations have to fix. Disgusting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 27, 2018 May 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

disgusting, i agree, they make changes which are conveniant for them and

the users have to manage and mostly suffer.

Not the first time.

Good luck

Le dim. 27 mai 2018 07:16, rogera18807612 <forums_noreply@adobe.com> a

écrit :

Since installation of Windows 10 build 1803, cannot open .jpg in PSE 2018 created

by rogera18807612 <https://forums.adobe.com/people/rogera18807612> in *Photoshop

Elements* - View the full discussion

<https://forums.adobe.com/message/10407406#10407406>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2018 Jun 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have same problems can anyone hlep

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2018 Jul 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much. Thoughtful people like you make for a better and less stressful world

Everything worked fine after I followed the Run regedit  instructions 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines