• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sky Photos

Community Beginner ,
Oct 08, 2020 Oct 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In PSE 21 you are given a certain number of skies to use for replacement. I have several JPG files that I would like to make functional. I could not find where their sky files are located. Is there a way to add to the included list of skies? If not able to do this, it should be included in an update.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Oct 09, 2020 Oct 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Elements 2021\Required\GuidedEdit\PerfectLandscape is the location of the images used in the lanscape guided edits. I've added images into that directory- it did not do anything. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 10, 2020 Oct 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sky Replacement is available as part of PerfectLandscape Guided Edit. You can open Perfect Landscape Guided Edit in Photoshop Elements Editor from Guided Edit->Special Edits->Perfect Landscape.

Regards,

Saurabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a useless response and does not address his original question.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's a clear negative response.

The original question could be a feature request (= idea) in the feedback forum:

https://feedback.photoshop.com/

Such feature requests have little chance to be heard in the present forum, where Adobe Staff come from time to time to help fellow members trying to help in the community.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I am alluding to is the ability for the user to provide their own sky photos in the procedure. The way it is now one is limited to Adobe's selection. User choice would be an excellent addition, perhaps in an update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see how that can work, but they should give you the ability to use your own without all the needed steps to circumvent the process. Just open a folder that has your skies.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are probably a number of reasons why the choice to use your own sky has not been given.  Guided Edits are intended for novices who want a quick fix.  If you are a photographer who wants to use your own skies, you are probably interested enough in editing to learn how to do it yourself in Expert Mode.  My personal preference, which works for most images, is to use the Magic Wand tool to select the sky, delete the selection and place a new sky under the layer. 

Of course, doing it yourself eliminates the possibility of using the match color tone that is available in the Guided Edit (and which has presumably been brought over from Photoshop CC).  The Guided Edit has also created some complexity in the layer/group structure, so one has to have some fairly deep knowledge to be able to continue editing the result in Expert Mode so that you can replace the template sky with your own one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 11, 2020 Oct 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is such a powerful procedure. It does what would take much time to execute, especially one like the one below which was done in seconds. I hope they add an input to a folder option to the procedure.Example.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines