Highlighted

Slideshows to DVD

New Here ,
Mar 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working with PS11 and I have not burned Slideshows (SS) to a DVD in years.  Recently I graduated to a new W10 computer. I see that many years ago, pre PS11, I seem to have made WMV's to burn to a DVD.  Not so long ago I seem to have made the DVD's directly from the SS.  I have been trying to find help using Google but have not had success.  I am a semi-literate computer user with an 80 year old forgetful mind.  If I don't do it often I sometimes forget how I did it.  I want the DVD to show a slideshow on my larger monitor TV.

Must I convert the SS to a WMV before I burn it?  Will this automatically happen when I burn a SS to a DVD using the W10 burner?

Thanks, Bob

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

This conversation has been locked.

Slideshows to DVD

New Here ,
Mar 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working with PS11 and I have not burned Slideshows (SS) to a DVD in years.  Recently I graduated to a new W10 computer. I see that many years ago, pre PS11, I seem to have made WMV's to burn to a DVD.  Not so long ago I seem to have made the DVD's directly from the SS.  I have been trying to find help using Google but have not had success.  I am a semi-literate computer user with an 80 year old forgetful mind.  If I don't do it often I sometimes forget how I did it.  I want the DVD to show a slideshow on my larger monitor TV.

Must I convert the SS to a WMV before I burn it?  Will this automatically happen when I burn a SS to a DVD using the W10 burner?

Thanks, Bob

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Mar 20, 2020 0
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I forgot to add that when I tried to make a DVD using P?SE10 I was told that the feature needed Adobe Premier Elements.  I do not have this.

Bob

Translate

Translate

Mar 20, 2020 0
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>>>I am working with PS11

I suspect you're referring to Photoshop Elements 11?

You've posted in the Photoshop forum. I'll move your post to the Photoshop Elements forum which is a different Adobe product.

>>>I want the DVD to show a slideshow on my larger monitor TV.

Do you need to burn a DVD at all?

If you have a recent Windows 10 laptop and a smart TV that supports Miracast, you can connect wirelessly:

https://www.intowindows.com/how-to-wirelessly-connect-windows-10-laptop-to-tv/

Alternatively, when I want to put a slideshow on my TV, I connect my laptop to my TV via a HDMI cable and show the slideshow direct from my computer.

You may need an adapter for your computer if you don't have a full size HDMI port on the computer.

Translate

Translate

Mar 20, 2020 0
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you John.  Well explained but rather daunting for me.  I may try it in the future.

I would prefer to make a DVD as it is what I am familiar with and when watching a show I can pause and talk about the currect photo or do something else.  Is that possible if I am watching a slideshow from my desktop two floors away.

Bob

Translate

Translate

Mar 22, 2020 0
Greg_S. LATEST
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have posted some solutions for you in your other thread.

If you are only reviewing replies by email, you may have missed it.

I am locking this thread so all further discussion occurs in one place.

Translate

Translate

Mar 22, 2020 0