• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Slideshows to DVD

Community Beginner ,
Mar 20, 2020 Mar 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working with PS11 and I have not burned Slideshows (SS) to a DVD in years.  Recently I graduated to a new W10 computer. I see that many years ago, pre PS11, I seem to have made WMV's to burn to a DVD.  Not so long ago I seem to have made the DVD's directly from the SS.  I have been trying to find help using Google but have not had success.  I am a semi-literate computer user with an 80 year old forgetful mind.  If I don't do it often I sometimes forget how I did it.  I want the DVD to show a slideshow on my larger monitor TV.

Must I convert the SS to a WMV before I burn it?  Will this automatically happen when I burn a SS to a DVD using the W10 burner?

Thanks, Bob

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I forgot to add that when I tried to make a DVD using P?SE10 I was told that the feature needed Adobe Premier Elements.  I do not have this.

Bob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>>>I am working with PS11

I suspect you're referring to Photoshop Elements 11?

You've posted in the Photoshop forum. I'll move your post to the Photoshop Elements forum which is a different Adobe product.

>>>I want the DVD to show a slideshow on my larger monitor TV.

Do you need to burn a DVD at all?

If you have a recent Windows 10 laptop and a smart TV that supports Miracast, you can connect wirelessly:

https://www.intowindows.com/how-to-wirelessly-connect-windows-10-laptop-to-tv/

Alternatively, when I want to put a slideshow on my TV, I connect my laptop to my TV via a HDMI cable and show the slideshow direct from my computer.

You may need an adapter for your computer if you don't have a full size HDMI port on the computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 22, 2020 Mar 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you John.  Well explained but rather daunting for me.  I may try it in the future.

I would prefer to make a DVD as it is what I am familiar with and when watching a show I can pause and talk about the currect photo or do something else.  Is that possible if I am watching a slideshow from my desktop two floors away.

Bob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 22, 2020 Mar 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have posted some solutions for you in your other thread.

If you are only reviewing replies by email, you may have missed it.

I am locking this thread so all further discussion occurs in one place.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines