• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Smart Object Layer not working

New Here ,
Oct 30, 2020 Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Elements 2021, I'm double clicking on the smart object layer in a mockup to add my design and nothing happens.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 30, 2020 Oct 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I moved your post over from the poorly named "Using the Community" forum, which is for getting help using this forum system, to a better forum.

I hope this helps. Best of luck to you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 01, 2020 Nov 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Please have a look at this thread.

Regards,

Medha Sharma

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2020 Nov 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. How do I do that?

Christa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Christa,

You can right-click on the smart object layer and then select 'Simplify Layer'. Doing so will convert the smart object layer to a normal layer. You can then proceed with the other steps as per your requirements.

Regards,

Medha Sharma

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried that. I simplified it, tried to double click on it and nothing happens. Is there another step I need to take?
Thank you.

Christa

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please mention what exactly are you trying to accomplish after simplifying the layer? It would be really helpful if you could also attach a screenshot of the layer structure and the expected output. 

Regards,

Medha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to replace, in a mockup, my own design for a t-shirt into the Design Here layer. I simplified the layer, but can't figure out how to get my own image into it. Thanks again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're following some tutorial, could you please share its link with me? You can share the details via personal message if needed.

Regards,

Medha 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2020 Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did my screenshot come through? I don't have a tutorial. It was from someone on a Facebook group. Someone else said that maybe it just can't be done. I'm sorry if I'm not being clear.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 08, 2020 Nov 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, unfortunately, your screenshot did not come through. You need to click on the icon highlighted in the screenshot below to upload the picture.

AddingScreenshots.jpg

If you face difficulty in doing so, you could also post the link of the Facebook post you're referring to.

Without knowing what you have in mind, I'm afraid I cannot help you properly. As you mentioned, there might not be a direct way to do this in Elements, but we can always look for alternatives to make it work..

Regards,

Medha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2020 Nov 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Capture #1.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines