• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

smart objects?? switching backgrounds

Participant ,
Mar 30, 2019 Mar 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to change the background of a photo -- I started by using one of the tools to remove the parts I don't want then I save it.  that then seems to turn my photo into a smart object and I cannot drag and manipulate the replacement background that I want to use.the new background becomes a separate tab and completely obliterates my original. I've done this successfully 100s of times but I think I may have clicked on something in the menu bar or view inadvertently.  Help please.  I'm using PSE 2019 on a Macbook Pro

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 30, 2019 Mar 30, 2019

Try this:

1. Open picture B, the one with the new (replacement) background. Minimize this.
  2. Open picture A, the one with the foreground object which you wish to retain. Use one of the selection tools, e.g. lasso tool, section brush) to select the object. You should see "marching ants" once the selection is complete.
  3. Go to Edit>copy to place it on the clipboard
  4. Go back to picture B and  go to Edit>paste
  5. Activate the move tool and position the object (from A) and resize if necessary.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try this:

1. Open picture B, the one with the new (replacement) background. Minimize this.
  2. Open picture A, the one with the foreground object which you wish to retain. Use one of the selection tools, e.g. lasso tool, section brush) to select the object. You should see "marching ants" once the selection is complete.
  3. Go to Edit>copy to place it on the clipboard
  4. Go back to picture B and  go to Edit>paste
  5. Activate the move tool and position the object (from A) and resize if necessary.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANKS so much -- it worked almost flawlessly -- I wasn't careful enough doing my selection so I'll try it again.  I can't believe I spent so much time trying all the other methods when yours was so easy!!!  have a great weekend and again thank you!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome. Glad to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines