• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Smart Tags - Can you stop some from working

Community Beginner ,
May 22, 2019 May 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have PSE 15 and am considering using Smart Tags. I have done some tests so have a few queries.

Smart Tags do not do a complete job, however I would be using them to assist with my own keyword tagging and then delete all the smart tags.

I have a few queries.

- Is there any way you can reduce the number of Smart Tags that are added/search for. ie there are so many smart tags that are either duplicates of other ones, ie auto, car, vehicle,  or are so generic, ie nature that they are quite useless for my purposes. Can you get into the systemn to stop some from working - I realise this would be complex to do but if possible it would make the smart tags much more useful.   I realise I would need to edit the database externally from elements, but that's OK. 

- Once I have decided I no longer want some smart tags on my media, can I bulk delete more than one Smart tag from a group of photos, or do I have to delete each smart tag individually.   I have noticed earlier questions re this but it doesn't seem to of been resolved.

- How do I work out when the media analyzer has finished analyzing all my photos. They already have thumbnails so that way doesn't work.

Thank you

Leanne

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 22, 2019 May 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Leanne,

Please find below my responses to your queries:

Is there any way you can reduce the number of Smart Tags that are added/search for. ie there are so many smart tags that are either duplicates of other ones, ie auto, car, vehicle,  or are so generic, ie nature that they are quite useless for my purposes.

You can not control the number of smart tags being applied to media as it completely is controlled by the media analyzer. For the long list of smart tags in search panel, I would suggest you to type the smart tag you intend to search and select from the suggestions that appear in the dropdown.

Can you get into the systemn to stop some from working - I realise this would be complex to do but if possible it would make the smart tags much more useful.   I realise I would need to edit the database externally from elements, but that's OK.

You can not stop the analysis partially w.r.t. the amount of tags. Although you can control the Show/Don't show state of whole smart tags analysis from Edit> Preferences>Media Analysis section.

It is not advisable to edit the database structure external as it might lead to corruption of catalog.

- Once I have decided I no longer want some smart tags on my media, can I bulk delete more than one Smart tag from a group of photos, or do I have to delete each smart tag individually.   I have noticed earlier questions re this but it doesn't seem to of been resolved.

You can only do this individually to a tag per media.

- How do I work out when the media analyzer has finished analyzing all my photos. They already have thumbnails so that way doesn't work.

Elements Smart tag.exe works when you are not using the Organizer application, i.e. the application is idle.

To check if the analysis is complete, check for process ElementsSmartTag.exe in task manager's Processes tab. If it has exited, then the analysis has completed.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines