• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

So no way to update without paying again???

New Here ,
Oct 12, 2019 Oct 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am very confused. I just purchased PSE 19 in April. Am I correct that upgrading to Catalina will make my program obsolete?  That doesn't seem reasonable to only get 6 months use and then having a useless program. There won't be any update for newer purchasers?  

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PSE 2019 will not work in Catlina.

Don't upgrade to Catalina or upgrade to PSE 2020.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can not believe they would sell me a program and then six months later expect me to pay that much again to keep it with no warning...just sorry...doesn’t work, pay us more to upgrade your almost new program. I had the prior version for YEARS before i updated this April and for what? A few months of use and now it’s useless. Not cool adobe!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too only recently updated to PSE 19 - disappointing to say the least. There should be a cheaper upgrade price if being forced to move from such a recent version. Otherwise we have to choose between missing out the improvements to our Mac or keeping our PSE operational!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Otherwise we have to choose between missing out the improvements to our Mac or keeping our PSE operational!

For that, you can look at Apple, not Adobe. Apple has dropped support for all 32 bit apps in Catalina. 

If you don't  upgrade to Catalina, you can keep using PSE 2019.

If you upgrade to Catalina, you'll have to pay to upgrade to PSE 2020.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still no excuse. Apple has been saying for years this was coming. Where were the warnings when I bought this. Where were the emails or notifications from adobe. It’s just as business to sell technology that you know isn’t going to work in a few months. The one other program that was affected on my computer simply offered an update. Didn’t charge me again.

and fwiw...this is a screenshot for buying 2019 for Mac from adobe as of tonight...

D49E3F74-1CB3-4200-AD96-0DF08D45BDA8.jpeg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Says it works for all versions and requires 64 bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 20, 2019 Oct 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Got a link? I cannot find that screenshot from 2019 anywhere on the Adobe website. I'm sure you're right and it's there (and poorly worded) but I cannot locate it right now.

Edit: Found it. Poorly worded and misleading, I agree.

The System Requirements on Adobe's website for 2019 say 10.12, 10.13, 10.14 only

https://helpx.adobe.com/au/photoshop-elements/system-requirements.html#PhotoshopElements2019

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 13, 2019 Oct 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"and fwiw...this is a screenshot for buying 2019 for Mac from adobe as of tonight..."

But Adobe doesn't sell PSE 2019 any longer.  When Adobe was selling PSE 2019, existing Mac OS versions were supported.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2019 Oct 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can still purchase it from adobe as the seller on amazon. And either way...it still says all versions and 64 bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 14, 2019 Oct 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"adobe as the seller on amazon"

Adobe is not the seller.  Read the description closely:

psea.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"it still says all versions and 64 bit."

That's because when it was at the time it was released.

Is it on Amazon's site or the Adobe site where you read that?  Can you please post a link to that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because they listed this as requiring 64 bit! So now way to know at purchase it would not work later!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

3C93C41B-9CBE-40AF-874F-5C4F1D4BB88D.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See. Requires 64 bit. And adobe like everyone else knew that this update was coming. They have made no secret that they were dropping 32 bit. But adobe made no effort to adapt the program that people just bought to allow a newly purchased program to continue working or offer a substitute. They also continued until just recently selling this product with no warning to users. No where on the system requirements Or product description did it say it wouldn’t work in a few months. I shouldn't  have to not update my computer to continue to use a product I bought just a few months ago. I have used older versions for years. This Isn’t some fringe operating system I’m choosing to use. I will always prioritize keeping my Mac up to date over giving another cent to a company that allowed me to spend money knowing my product would become obsolete in a few months with no warning.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My mistake was believing that this huge company would update this program as opposed to expecting me to spend $80 to keep my program or just not update my computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The screen capture you posted says that PSE 2019 is not compatible with Catalina.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get that! But it didn’t say it wouldn’t be compatible when I purchased it! Do you not get that that is frustrating? You buy a program in May made for Mac and they *know* it won’t work in October but don’t tell you that. Just lost it as requiring 64 bit. I’m not arguing that it won’t work. I’m arguing that they sold it anyway without warning users that they may want to wait until the 2020 version came out and give the purchase that choice instead of taking my money For this version and expecting me to lay agin in five months.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"And adobe like everyone else knew that this update was coming."

If you knew that it was coming, why didn't you wait to purchase the version of PSE that was compatible with Catalina?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Because they listed this as requiring 64 bit! I knew the MAC update was coming but had no warning that adobe was incompatible. So now way to know at purchase it wouldn't continue to work!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the website says 64 bit it should be safe to assume it wouldn’t be affected by the discontinuation of 32 bit support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines