• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Some files appear broken in the PSE 2018 Organiser

New Here ,
Jan 29, 2019 Jan 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I import files that came to me by WhatsApp, many (but not all) of them appear broken after I import them into the PSE 2018 Organiser. I was once shown how to solve this but I have now forgotten the method!! Please can anyone remind me? Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 29, 2019 Jan 29, 2019

davidp25044865  wrote

When I import files that came to me by WhatsApp, many (but not all) of them appear broken after I import them into the PSE 2018 Organiser. I was once shown how to solve this but I have now forgotten the method!! Please can anyone remind me? Thanks

It's a known issue with WhatsApp.

They include  some custom fields in the exif metadata header that Adobe does not consider as compliant with exif standards.

The workaround is to open the jpeg in one of the free basic editing software

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 29, 2019 Jan 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

davidp25044865  wrote

It's a known issue with WhatsApp.

They include  some custom fields in the exif metadata header that Adobe does not consider as compliant with exif standards.

The workaround is to open the jpeg in one of the free basic editing softwares in your computer and to save them again. Those softwares ignore the metadata and the resulting jpeg can be opened by Elements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2019 Jan 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks Michel,

I will give it a try

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2019 Jan 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Many thanks Michel,

Your suggestion worked. I am very pleased thanks. I opened them using ‘Paint’. I had to do it one by one as I cold not find a method for doing them in bulk.

David

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines