• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sony a6400 --Elements 2019 can't open pictures

New Here ,
Jul 21, 2019 Jul 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, so I have used my old camera -a Sony a6000 3 weeks ago, and was able to transfer images over. ---I shoot everything in RAW format.

Last week, I bought the new Sony a6400 and took 81 pictures a few hours ago.

Upon transferring the a6400 photos to "Adobe Photoshop Elements 2019" it says that the images aren't supported and that I need to update it.
--If it makes any difference, I have a 2015 Macbook Pro 15" running the macOS Mojave 10.14.5

So, I went and found the "Adobe Camera Raw and DNG Converter," and downloaded the LATEST one.

Also, in the "Adobe Creative Cloud" it says I have the most updated version of the DNG Converter.

Let me go over the key details again:
I have a Sony a6400, the lens I am using is the "Sony E 18-135mm F3.5-5.6 OSS" ---which is listed as a supported lenses

I have Adobe Photoshop Elements 2019
I have updated the Adobe Camera Raw converter to the latest.

What else am I supposed to be doing, to be able to use photoshop elements to view my RAW files?

UPDATE:
I downloaded a trial of Adobe Photoshop CC 2019 ---I was able to open the RAW images on that program, but not in the Photoshop Elements

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 21, 2019 Jul 21, 2019

Unfortunately, photoshop elements 2019 hasn't had a camera raw update since December 2018 ACR 11.1, while the Sony A6400 requires at least camera raw 11.2.1

Cameras supported by Camera Raw

I guess the only choice right now is to use the adobe dng converter to convert the Sony A6400 arw files to dng copies which should then open pse 2019.

Adobe - Adobe Camera Raw and DNG Converter : For Macintosh : Adobe DNG Converter 11.3

how to use the dng converter

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/adobe-dng-converter.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, photoshop elements 2019 hasn't had a camera raw update since December 2018 ACR 11.1, while the Sony A6400 requires at least camera raw 11.2.1

Cameras supported by Camera Raw

I guess the only choice right now is to use the adobe dng converter to convert the Sony A6400 arw files to dng copies which should then open pse 2019.

Adobe - Adobe Camera Raw and DNG Converter : For Macintosh : Adobe DNG Converter 11.3

how to use the dng converter

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/adobe-dng-converter.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So, let me make sure this all makes sense:

I buy Adobe Photoshop 2019 in Spring of 2019... because, it says it is the Adobe Photoshop for 2019... ... ...but it hasn't been updated, since 12/2018?  ---I can't be the only one that is irritated by this.

Thanks for the tip; I tried it out, using the DNG converter, to convert ARWs to DNG,  and it worked fine... ...although it is more work that I feel shouldn't be required.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines