• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sort by File

New Here ,
Dec 19, 2020 Dec 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Adobe Premier Elements 2020.  I would dearly appreciate it if a "sort by file" function was available.  Yes, I can go to each file to view its contents, but it would be very helpful to have the photos in the organizer to appear in the file order for easier  scrolling.  Also, when doing a specific search, say all photos from March 2010, if they were sorted by the file I could determine more easily where the files are located and if they should be moved to a more appropriate file.   Please add this function to the drop-down menu:  Sort by Newest, Oldest, Name, Import Batch, FILE.  

TOPICS
Feature request , Organizer

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure what you mean by sort by FILE .  Do you mean folder?  And what file order do you mean - chronological file order, alpha-numeric folder or something else?

I don't know whether this will help you, but take a look at my post here.  This explains how to sort in total chronological order (instead of order within a day). 

You might also work with the timeline tool (Ctrl+L) which allows you to easily go to a particular month in the catalog or to filter your view to a certain period.

And if you right-click on any photo in the grid, there is a context menu choice to Go to Folder which takes you to the containing folder in the Folders Panel. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

. . . And this is a user to user forum.  If you want to make a feature request, you can use the form on this website.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines