• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

SQL Server 2016 LocalDB

New Here ,
Nov 07, 2019 Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to download SQL Server 2016 LocalDB for a separate project. Before I do that I want to ensure that this will not affect the Organizer in Photoshop Elements 15.  I have a very large number of photos in that database and I do not want to do anything that will threaten the catalog.  My operating system is Windows 10.  Does anyone know whether I am okay doing this?

TOPICS
Organizer , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 07, 2019 Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wouldn't you have to load the Elements DB file into the software for it to have an effect?  And I believe Elements uses a SQLite database if that makes any difference.

If you're concerened about damaging your catalog, why don't you back it up.  If you just copy the catalog folder, using Windows File Explorer, it is not very large.  You should of course also backup your image files:  the Organizer's Backup utility is specifically made for that purpose.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2019 Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I do have everything backed up but your idea of making a separate file copy before I download and use the SQL  Server 2016 LocalDB is a good one.    

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines