• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Star Trails

New Here ,
Jan 14, 2020 Jan 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you use Photoshop Elements 202 to do star trails?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We may not be thinking of the same thing. I thought Star Trails needed to be done in the camera, not in post-processing with Photoshop Elements.

--
Walter in Davie, FL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2020 Jan 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Star trails uses numerous photos, into the 100s, and then uses a program that stacks them into one photo. The camera is set up so that it takes the pictures at the right time and exposure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a very crude example of what I think you mean.   I duplicated the background layer amd added a Filter>Blur>Motion Blur.  I then used a mask to bring the trees back to their original state. You may have more success with a better photo and some more patience.

Ashampoo_Snap_Tuesday, January 14, 2020_15h27m18s_010_.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can do a Google Image search on "star trail" and post an example of what you are trying to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Star Trails Example.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines