• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stop PSE 2020 from Automatically Adding OneDrive Photos

New Here ,
Jan 22, 2021 Jan 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PSE2020 on Win10 is automatically adding photos from my OneDrive Documents folders (OneDrive\Documents\...\etc) to the cataglogue.  No prompt or anything, they just appear in the catalogue.  Since those are filled with random pictures from various work files, it clutters up my Catalogue with hundreds of unwanted images, logos, etc.  PSE is not importing files from the OneDrive pictures directory (OneDrive\Pictures\...\etc), it's only doing it from the Documents folder. 

How do I get it to stop importing from the OneDrive Documents folders &/or at least stop them from being automatically added?

My actual photos are stored locally (e:\...pictures) and when I add new photos there, PSE says that new files have been detected in the watch folder & prompts me to import them.

When I go File-Watched Folders in PSE it only shows "E:\...\pictures" and is set to 'notify me.'

Thanks for the help!

TOPICS
Import and export , Organizer , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 23, 2021 Jan 23, 2021

My only other suggestion is to remove the preferences file.  Immediately after launching the Organizer, press Alt+Shift+Ctrl. A message should pop up asking if you want to delete the Settings file. Answer OK.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you go to Import>In Bulk, does the One Drive folder show up in the list?  If so, remove it from the list of folders to import from.

Ashampoo_Snap_2021.01.22_11h19m47s_002_.png

If this is in fact the problem, I don't know why you are not receiving a prompt to confirm the import.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply.

Nope, OneDrive does not show up under Import>InBulk.  The only thing there is the E:\...\Pictures directory (which I want to have there).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 23, 2021 Jan 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My only other suggestion is to remove the preferences file.  Immediately after launching the Organizer, press Alt+Shift+Ctrl. A message should pop up asking if you want to delete the Settings file. Answer OK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2021 Feb 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greg, thanks for the help.  That seemed to solve most of it.  Much appreciated.

The only remaining issue I see is that when I open OneDrive videos into Premiere Elements they are automatically showing up in Photoshop Elements Organizer.  Is there a way to stop that behavior?  (I can create a new thread for this if that'd be better).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only remaining issue I see is that when I open OneDrive videos into Premiere Elements they are automatically showing up in Photoshop Elements Organizer. Is there a way to stop that behavior? (I can create a new thread for this if that'd be better).

I have no idea why this is happening.  Does this only happen when you save a project?  Or does it happen if you only open a file in the timeline and close the program without saving anything?  Yes, you may want to start a new discussion in the PRE forum.  They may be able to help you more than I can.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

. . .   OK, I think I have figured it out.  If you bring a video file into a project and save the project, the video file will automatically be added to the Organizer.  I can't see any way to stop this.  So, yes, maybe ask over in the PRE forum and they may know a way to prevent this from happening. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah, that must be what's happening.  I'll ask over in the PRE forum and see what they say.  Thanks again for the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines