• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Straighten Image Question PSE 8

Explorer ,
Apr 29, 2019 Apr 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have scanned in images ages of paired pages from booklets that are misaligned during scanning. For example a photo would consist of page 10 and page 11. Each page takes up half of the image. Many of these booklets are not assembled (oriented) properly. Usually the left most page (page 10 in the example) scans correctly. The right half of the image scanned (page 11 in the example) is scanned at an angle misaligned from the first half. I have found that if I try and straightening them to the grid to match, PSE 8 just shifts the misalignment to the adjoining opposite page. It appears that PSE 8 does not allow selecting just the misaligned portion of the image, and only aligning it to the grid without moving the opposite half. It will take a lot of time to split the image, straighten both half's, then copying and pasting them into a second image. My question is, can the alignment in PSE 8 be set to only align a chosen portion of the image. If so what is this function or tool named, and how do you do this. Tnx

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 29, 2019 Apr 29, 2019

You can draw out selections around the different areas, put down some Guides and use Image>Transform>Free Transform.

str.png

To get something like this:

IMG_0049a.png

It might just be easier to try and make the pages as straight as possible when scanning like put a couple of books on top

of the scans to then flatter.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved to Photoshop Elements​

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post one of the paired documents so we can better see what tool(s) might work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Attached is one of the scanned photos of the misaligned booklet. Initially the left side appeared aligned horizontally normal. After performing the straighten image was performed the left side was now the misaligned side. TnxIMG_0049.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can draw out selections around the different areas, put down some Guides and use Image>Transform>Free Transform.

str.png

To get something like this:

IMG_0049a.png

It might just be easier to try and make the pages as straight as possible when scanning like put a couple of books on top

of the scans to then flatter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 30, 2019 Apr 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Jeff

Your suggested solution looks very promising. I hope to get a chance to try it soon. Also I doubt that weighing the pages down will help. The problem is more due to the booklets being stapled together badly and then, cut and trimmed after being badly assembled.  Thanks for the tip.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines