• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stuck in sign-in loop on new iMac -

New Here ,
Jul 26, 2020 Jul 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got a new iMac and now Photoshop Elements 15 is telling me to sign in to Adobe whenever I go to use it.  

I signed in to Adobe with my Facebook account and in the browser it tells me "You're all set! You can now close this window and go back to your application."

But when I do that, Elements gives me the same "sign in to Adobe" pop up and I never get any further.  I seem to be caught in a loop.

Edited to add - I found another thread which appeared to have a fix for this problem and I was able to add permissions in the Get Info tab.  But I'm still getting the Sign in prompt every time I open Elements and then get stuck in the loop.

Edited to add - I ended up upgrading my licence and getting the new version.  All good now. 

TOPICS
Mac , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 27, 2020 Jul 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the new iMac running OS 10.15 - Catalina?

If so I’m surprised PSE 15 could be installed as the installers are 32 bit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It wasn't installed, per se, we migrated everything over from my previous Mac including PSE.  I'm thinking it may just not be compatible though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yep it’s not really compatible. Sometimes there is limited functionality if the software is already installed and you upgrade the OS from Mojave to Catalina but even then it’s not perfect. And it’s never been possible to migrate Adobe software. It always requires a clean install. Only PSE 2020 really functions. You could download the software and try it free for 30 days before deciding to purchase an upgrade. That may see you through to the end of August or into September depending when you start the trial. Adobe normally releases a brand new version in early October; so that may be a better time to purchase unless you can find a good discount on PSE 2020.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines