• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Surface pen lets photoshop elements 2021 crash

New Here ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Surface pen lets photoshop elements 2021 crash. When i use windows ink or other programs the surface pen works. When I use a mouse in ps elements 2021 it also works, but as soon as I trie to select it stops working. the rapport says something like ELEMENTS EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION

TOPICS
Crash or freeze

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 01, 2021 Mar 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies for the inconvenience. We are already working on the fix and will provide it soon.

Regards,

Nidhi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2021 Mar 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just bought and installed elements 21. Problem still exists. When will it be fixed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The Photoshop Elements Update 2021.2 has been released today which will fix the issue with Tablet Pen.

Here are the release notes: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/release-note/update.html

Please let us know if you still face any issue.

Regards,

Nidhi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2021 Mar 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, the latest 2021.2 did NOT completely fix the issue. While the application no longer crashes when trying to use Surface Pen, you cannot select or edit ANY of the options (tools, etc...). It just does nothing. Any clue as to when this will be fixed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2021 Mar 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problem here.  following.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also still have issues like described below. The pen does not select any features and cant be used on the photo. I have the software now for a month and am seriously regretting this purchase. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Die oberen Reiter- Datei, Bearbeiten usw. lassen sich mit dem Pen auswählen, zeichnen oder Werkzeuge auswählen geht nicht. In Photoshop Elements 2020 funktioniert dies aber zuverlässig.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wrote in German, the automatical Correction did something strange. It is possible to select Items in the top row. Anithing else does not work. In Photoshop Elements the Surface Pen works without any problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct. You can select items in the menu row, but none of the editing tools work with Surface Pen in PSE 2021.2. Thanks for your input!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nidhi, why is Adobe not commenting, or better yet, fixing the issues?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. The recent update fixed the crashing issue, but the pen is still not usable in PSE.

It's been 2+ months since I've been able to use the tablet pen on PSE.

Please release a fix asap. People paid good money for this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2021 Nov 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anybody found a solution for this problem? I just bought PS elements 2021. My Surface Pro 6 pen doesn't work for most processess. Works fine in PS elements 2020. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I kept a screenshot:surface pro PSE and pen fix.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PS, I seem to remember the best reply mentioning they found the answer and had to translate it. My Surface Pro & Surface Pen is working correctly. Post again if my reply doesn't fix it for you and I will look further in my notes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That worked, thank you so much for posting that!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i deleted the update. When you block the new update you can use the pen.....the only solution for now....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 08, 2021 Apr 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Sorry to hear that you are still facing issues with Pen on tablet.

We are not able to reproduce this in-house and it is working fine as confirmed by most of the other users.

Can you all please mention the exact device(tablet) along with model number on which you are facing the issue?

This will help us identify the issue.

Thank you again for the patience and support.

Regards,

Nidhi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2021 Apr 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
my device is de HP Spectre x360 Laptop - 15-eb0100nd

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2021 Apr 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Surface Pro 7 w/Surface Pen (latest edition)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 10, 2021 Apr 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Microsoft Surface Pro 7 pen.  Working with all other apps but Photoshop Elements 14

Windows 10.  Has no Wacom application, and cannot download any Wacom app as a solution either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2021 Jul 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem.  Ive unpaired-repaired my pen, un-installed-reinstalled, checked for updates for computer, pen, and photoshop, restarted my computer and nothing works 
I have Adobe Photoshop elements 2021 ( I purchased back at the end of May), surface pen model 1776, and Surface Book model 1703 1704, with windows 10.  
The pen has a full charge, it works with other apps- writing, clicking, and drawing in other apps- so it is obviously not the pen(at least not entirely).   But will not work with Photoshop.  All it does on the canvas is have the cursor blink rapidly.  I am able to use my mouse/track pad and my finger on the touch screen and it will draw/register action.  I can select menu items (file, view, edit, etc) but nothing happens when I try to select any of the tools (brush, paint, eraser, etc). 
I have never had this issue before... I have been away from drawing with the app for a bit but tonight I had insperation and was disapointed when I went to work and found that the pen did not want to work in photoshop.  I wound up spending 3 and a half hours tring and failing to fix the issue.  It seems to be on your end not the pen's/ Microsofts' end.
Please fix this... 
Also how can an issue be resolved if people are complaining about it still... And it seem that you do not care for the issue or the people having them because there has not been a response to this post since people responded with the type of devices they're using.  Right now I'm feeling 1 star for you all.  And if this issue is not resolved quickly I doubt I will buy photoshop or any of your other programs again.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 11, 2021 Jul 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it still isn't resolved after so many of us have this problem. I doubt
adobe cares. I'm looking for a new application for drawing and coloring.
[abuse removed by moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 30, 2021 Jul 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post what alternative you find. I'm sad that I paid for a new version of PSE and my pen doesn't work with it. The pen works with all other applications.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines