Surface pen lets photoshop elements 2021 crash

New Here ,
Feb 18, 2021 Feb 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Surface pen lets photoshop elements 2021 crash. When i use windows ink or other programs the surface pen works. When I use a mouse in ps elements 2021 it also works, but as soon as I trie to select it stops working. the rapport says something like ELEMENTS EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION

TOPICS
Crash or freeze

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 01, 2021 Mar 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies for the inconvenience. We are already working on the fix and will provide it soon.

Regards,

Nidhi

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2021 Mar 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just bought and installed elements 21. Problem still exists. When will it be fixed?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The Photoshop Elements Update 2021.2 has been released today which will fix the issue with Tablet Pen.

Here are the release notes: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/release-note/update.html

Please let us know if you still face any issue.

Regards,

Nidhi

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2021 Mar 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, the latest 2021.2 did NOT completely fix the issue. While the application no longer crashes when trying to use Surface Pen, you cannot select or edit ANY of the options (tools, etc...). It just does nothing. Any clue as to when this will be fixed?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2021 Mar 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problem here.  following.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also still have issues like described below. The pen does not select any features and cant be used on the photo. I have the software now for a month and am seriously regretting this purchase. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 31, 2021 Mar 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Die oberen Reiter- Datei, Bearbeiten usw. lassen sich mit dem Pen auswählen, zeichnen oder Werkzeuge auswählen geht nicht. In Photoshop Elements 2020 funktioniert dies aber zuverlässig.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wrote in German, the automatical Correction did something strange. It is possible to select Items in the top row. Anithing else does not work. In Photoshop Elements the Surface Pen works without any problem.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct. You can select items in the menu row, but none of the editing tools work with Surface Pen in PSE 2021.2. Thanks for your input!

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nidhi, why is Adobe not commenting, or better yet, fixing the issues?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. The recent update fixed the crashing issue, but the pen is still not usable in PSE.

It's been 2+ months since I've been able to use the tablet pen on PSE.

Please release a fix asap. People paid good money for this.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2021 Apr 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i deleted the update. When you block the new update you can use the pen.....the only solution for now....

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 08, 2021 Apr 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Sorry to hear that you are still facing issues with Pen on tablet.

We are not able to reproduce this in-house and it is working fine as confirmed by most of the other users.

Can you all please mention the exact device(tablet) along with model number on which you are facing the issue?

This will help us identify the issue.

Thank you again for the patience and support.

Regards,

Nidhi

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2021 Apr 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
my device is de HP Spectre x360 Laptop - 15-eb0100nd

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2021 Apr 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Surface Pro 7 w/Surface Pen (latest edition)

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2021 Apr 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Microsoft Surface Pro 7 pen.  Working with all other apps but Photoshop Elements 14

Windows 10.  Has no Wacom application, and cannot download any Wacom app as a solution either.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 09, 2021 Apr 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, as mentioned by Marc in below post, some resolution worked for him:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-elements/wacom-pen-doesn-t-work-anymore-with-latest-photosh...

Can you please try it out at your end and let usn know how it goes?

Regards,

Nidhi

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2021 Apr 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

I have a Microsoft Surface laptop and it doesn't allow me to install wacom. The Surface pen doesn't wor with Photoshop (by painting). Genarally it works to open the RSE menu, etc. My Photoshop is new and doesn't have any updates. Can you please advice what I can do? I reviewed all the answers and nothing helps..Thank you in advance.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 10, 2021 Jun 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have a DELL Inspiron 7306 2n1 and the pen that comes with the tablet does not work. Then I purchased a One by Wacom and it doesn't work with PSE either. Both pens work with the rest of the programs on the computer, but NOT with PSE.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines