• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Switching from Lightroom 3 to Photoshop Elements

New Here ,
Sep 17, 2019 Sep 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The main reason I am switching is because Lightroom 3 does not support my 4K display (menus are too small to see) and I do not use it enough to justify a monthly cloud subscription. I tried the manifest file fix and it sort of works but I am not happy with the results.  So I have 2 questions:

1. Can I import my photos from Lightroom 3 to Photoshop Elements?

2. Does Elements work with the 4K display so that the menus are not super tiny?

Thanks

Marty

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 17, 2019 Sep 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

1 - There is no conversion from LR catalogs to PSE catalogs, but you can do as you would import from third-party softwares. In LR, write metadata to files, then import your media files into a PSE catalog. The info in the xmp sidecar files or in the metadata section of the jpegs/ psd/ tiff files will be recognized in the ACR of PSE (no need to export edited versions of your images like with third-party softwares). Not all kinds of LR paramatric edits are available for further edit in ACR, but they will be taken into account (especially in thumbnails).

2 - High dpi displays are supported since PSE13. However that works diffeently in the editor and in the organizer.

In the editor, you have the choice of normal (100%) or (200%) viewing.

In the organizer, you use your OS. I am on Windows, so I use Windows to display the texts at 125, 150% or whatever and that applies to all other softwares (except the editor...) It's easy to download and test a trial version for 30 days. A new PSE2020 version is expected in a few weeks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines