• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Tag hierarchy - my disaster

New Here ,
Jun 01, 2020 Jun 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a tag  heirarchy that is much to large and confusing.  I have several different levels with too many tags which I now realize that I should reorganize and simplify.  My locations section is (I think) good as it starts at country, state, city.  My people starts at my family and allows me to go to children, grand children, parents, grand parents, friends, other relatives.  It is when I get to places, animals, and other things that it has gotten out of hand.  

I would like to reorganize but I think the way to do this is to export the tag heirarchy.  Develop a new architecture and then change the tags as appropriate.  This leaves me with the problem.  How do I export the tag heirarchy?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 02, 2020 Jun 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To answer your specific question:

Click on the down arrow next to the + sign at the top of the Keywords panel.  This opens a dropdown menu and you select  Save Keyword Tags to File.  You can then chose whether to save all of your tags or only a selected portion of the hierarchy.  Finally a dialog will then open up to save an xml file to your desktop.

Ashampoo_Snap_2020.06.01_18h37m23s_000_.png

If it is your intention to create a new catalog, click on the Import Keyword Tags from File command and navigate to the xml file that you saved previously.  You can then edit your hierarchy by deleting unwanted tags or click and drag the tags to new positions or levels.  Then, when you import your tagged files into the new catalog, you can map the old tags to the new tags.

However, having said that, it would be fairly easy to click and drag your existing tags to new positions, or to apply new tags to the existing tags and then deleting the unwanted ones. 

If you give us more details about what you have in mind, we can suggest other strategies that may be more efficient.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines