• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Tags & Keywords

New Here ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a few thousand photos in Photoshop Elements 2021, almost all with either keywords or tags or both attached.  I would like to store these photos in a (preferably free) cloud service.  I would also like to be able to use my tags and keywords to find a particular photo in that cloud storage. If I'm away from home and want to show someone a particular picture, I'd like to be able to open the app on my phone and call up the photo I'm looking for (calling up "people" would leave my about 3,500 photos to sort through).

I have spent literally hours searching the web, and have no answer.  Can anyone tell me if any cloud photo storage will allow my to search for a specific (Photoshop Elements) keyword or tag?  Thanks in advance!

TOPICS
Organizer

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have spent literally hours searching the web, and have no answer. Can anyone tell me if any cloud photo storage will allow my to search for a specific (Photoshop Elements) keyword or tag?

I am afraid the sad answer is there no such cloud solution.

That would mean the ability to sync both your media library (mine is about 750GB), your catalog databases and to replicate the storage scheme on your computer to the 'cloud'.

Just have a look at what happens with people using both Lightroom Classic (folder based) and Lightroom cloud version: they can 'export' their keywords to the cloud, but the keyword management is optimized for cloud storage, which means Classic keywords are not 'synced' afterwards.

With Elements you can take advantage of cloud solutions like OneDrive or Dropbox by storing your media files in dedicated directories managed and synced by the provider. You can acces those files from your phone, but what about searching? Even if you forget the database management and rely on 'writing metadata to files' to store the keywords in the files themselves, those cloud solutions don't offer searches by embedded keywords. At best, you can import those files in your computer and most editing softwares will recognize the keywords (even the Explorer can do that, but it's not the speed of indexed data in a database).

Also, think about what will happen when your library grows exponentially to one hundred thousands items?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines