Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Tags vs. Keywords

New Here ,
May 07, 2020 May 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Elements 2020.

Is there a difference between Keywords and Tags?  I exported a test photo from elements 2020 (after I saved the metadata to files) to my Mac desktop.  Looked at it via "get info" and noticed that the tag box was empty but the keyword section had my assigined data.

Also, once exported, are the keyword data searchable on my mac, even though the tag section is empty?

This is not an issue for me yet BUT I have a LOT of genealology photo that I have many tags assigned and do not want to lose them, since I will be exporting them for use in my genealogy software.

Also, can I import my Mac tags into Orgaizer 2020?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean by Mac tags ? Color label tags, metadata from the Apple Photos app ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On the Mac, you can open details of a photo using 'get info'.  There you have a box where you enter your tags.  Sample below (if I did this right)

rgleason47_0-1588869435545.png

that allows you to assign tags to the photo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem with tags and metadata is that there is no universal standard for where they are placed.  Nor is there any standard for which field is read and displayed by a particular software (or OS for that matter). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks.  Just gotta be careful, I guess

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines