• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

teeth whitening

New Here ,
Nov 30, 2019 Nov 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Elements 2020 for Mac and trying to whiten teeth. When I use the quitck tool and select the toothbrush I can select the the teeth on the subject. Then what? Nothing happens. There are no options or explanations.

Is there a guide on how to use this quick tool?

I did find that if I switched to expert mode and created a new layer  then multiple steps later I was able to adjust hue/saturation.  Is this a Quick Tool???

TOPICS
How to , Mac , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 01, 2019 Dec 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please try out the steps mentioned here.  Also you can check out the video tutorial  Whiten Teeth in Photoshop Elements 11 - YouTube.

Thanks

Shaileja

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It’s also part of the re-vamped perfect portrait guided edit in PSE 2020. My video shows how you can tweak the whiten teeth layer.

Perfect Portrait – YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
I followed the example in the video but found that changing the color and opacity had no effect. I believe there is a bug in Elements 2020 for the Mac.

Tony

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Works OK for me on Mac. If you are using the Quick workspace after selecting the teeth with the tooth brush tool (marching ants) click the Expert button to switch to that workspace. Then click the layers button at the bottom.

Ensure you don’t have the black mask selected. Double click on the layer adjustment thumbnail so that it is highlighted in blue - see image below. Then click top left with the color picker to choose white.

Pearly.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is exactly what I tried, but to no avail. Am I selecting the teeth correctly? Below is a sample.When I go to the Expert mode and select the color thumbnail and change color nothing happens. Screen Shot 2019-12-01 at 1.18.15 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You might try going to your Photoshop Elements 2020 menu >> Preferences >> General - then selecting Reset Preferences on next launch. Then try to use the tool after next launch. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ensure the selection is still active before clicking Expert.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines