Highlighted

Terminology Problem? I Copied an Image From a PDF - Cannot Insert Color Text in PSE

Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a PDF file of a map open in Acrobat 8 Professional. I would like to annotate a snapshot from it using colored text in PSE6. I believe I've seen that layers in PSE6 can be "B/W or RGB." The layer in PSE6 seems to be B/W although I can't see how to confirm this. I can see my way to a 'kluge' by physically creating a printed copy of the map and then scanning it to a color jpg. This seems a very 'lossy' and time consuming way to overcome a problem that I might be able to solve using the Adobe software if I knew what words to use in a browser search to find the answer.

What am I missing?

thanks,

baumgrenze

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Terminology Problem? I Copied an Image From a PDF - Cannot Insert Color Text in PSE

Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a PDF file of a map open in Acrobat 8 Professional. I would like to annotate a snapshot from it using colored text in PSE6. I believe I've seen that layers in PSE6 can be "B/W or RGB." The layer in PSE6 seems to be B/W although I can't see how to confirm this. I can see my way to a 'kluge' by physically creating a printed copy of the map and then scanning it to a color jpg. This seems a very 'lossy' and time consuming way to overcome a problem that I might be able to solve using the Adobe software if I knew what words to use in a browser search to find the answer.

What am I missing?

thanks,

baumgrenze

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
May 17, 2020 0
Most Valuable Participant ,
May 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you do the copy?

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 17, 2020 1
LEGEND ,
May 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For one thing this is the Photoshop Forum. not the Photoshop Elements Forum. 

Photoshop proper at least does not actually open pdf pages but converts them to pixel images, which naturally destroys the original vector data. 

Photoshop can open the pixel-images that are contained in a pdf, though. 

openPdfImages.jpg

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
May 17, 2020 0