• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text

New Here ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to space text but cannot seem to find the Character Panel all of the videos I have watched have it and seem to be older versions. I have photoshop elements 2018. Can someone help with this?

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Were you perhaps watching videos for Photoshop CC 2018 rather than Elements 2018 which is a completely different product?

There is no Character Panel in Elements 2018.

Try the suggestions at this link: https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-elements/can-t-find-the-character-panel-it-s-not-under-the-...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had seen that link post but it did not do what i wanted it to do which is put extra space in between the text without having to do it manually and stretching the font to a point where it was not in contact anymore rather blurred. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also there are hardly any videos for photoshop elements 2018

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Also there are hardly any videos for photoshop elements 2018" -- that may be true, but watching a video for the wrong product will do you no good at all. They are far too different. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tracking and leading can be performed via the tool bin controls for the Text tool.

Ashampoo_Snap_2020.10.21_14h20m55s_002_.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I just checked and I think the tracking and leading features were added in Elements 2019.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you're right Greg_S. Leading and tracking were new in 2019.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, yeah I have 2018 version. Is there anyway to install or upgrade to where I have that feature?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To get later features natively in Elements, you'll have to pay to upgrade to Elements 2021 (current version).

Or try the Elements+ add-in suggested below.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@defaultx9mo7slpj2ic 

Okay, yeah I have 2018 version. Is there anyway to install or upgrade to where I have that feature?

Have a look at that powerful though very affordable add-on:

https://elementsplus.net/

See Character scaling and Tracking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines