• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The photo I'm enhancing sticks to my cursor

New Here ,
Mar 12, 2020 Mar 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to enhance a photo which is in my Elements 20 editor. Using the Clone Stamp I place the cursor on the area I want to capture, then I click Alt. But when I move the cursor to its intended position on my screen the entire photo sticks to my cursor. No matter what I do, the photo cannot be shaken loose from my cursor. What have I done this time?  Thank you very much.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 12, 2020 Mar 12, 2020
  • On the clone stamp option bar, uncheck "aligned" and check "sample all layers."
  • Use the bracket keys  ( ]  [ ) next to the letter P on the keyboard to size the brush cursor to  embrace the source point for the clone operation
  • Open a blank layer at ther top and do the cloning on this layer. If you screw up, you can delete it and start over
  • Press ALT and left click on the source pixels, let go of the mouse, and left click to deposit.
  • Activate the move tool and position the cloned pixels to suit.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, you are previewing the entire image: in the "regular" Photoshop, there is a clone source panel, where you can check the "Clipped" option that would preview the cloning only on the brush size;  not sure about elements, hence me moving this thread to the relevant forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gene, you are sampling (using Alt-click) an area much larger than you want.  To control this, reduce the "size" option in the Clone tool options bar at the bottom of your screen before sampling (Alt-clicking). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
  • On the clone stamp option bar, uncheck "aligned" and check "sample all layers."
  • Use the bracket keys  ( ]  [ ) next to the letter P on the keyboard to size the brush cursor to  embrace the source point for the clone operation
  • Open a blank layer at ther top and do the cloning on this layer. If you screw up, you can delete it and start over
  • Press ALT and left click on the source pixels, let go of the mouse, and left click to deposit.
  • Activate the move tool and position the cloned pixels to suit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines