Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The Photoshop Elements Editor 2021 doesn't launch

Explorer ,
Oct 21, 2020 Oct 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I just installed the trial version of the Photoshop Elements 2021 on my laptop. Organizer is working fine, but when I want to edit a photo with the the Photoshop Elements Editor, the launching process is starting. A little wheel is turning and the text "Charging of working space of Adobe Photoshop Element Editor". But after maybe 20 seconds, it stops.

I have Photoshop CC 2014 on my laptop. I can choice it to edit a photo in Organizer and the launching is ok.

Can it be a problem linked to the minimum configuration required to operate Photoshop Elements? I have all the configuration asked except my laptop run on a Intel i7-4702MQ CPU de 2,2 GHz (it's to say 4th Generation with last version Windows 10 of 64 bits) instead of 6th Generation as required.

Thank you!

Michel

TOPICS
Bug , Organizer , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens when you try to start the editor directly from the splash (or opening) screen?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello ShelLuser,

It's the same text message, and after about 20 seconds, the message disappers, showing only the splash screen.

What do you think can be the problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 18, 2020 Nov 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First of all: apologies for a much delayed response, I'm still getting used to the forums and sometimes it's (too) easy to overlook previous threads.

It's most definitely not your hardware because that should be able to cope. Though you might want to verify the drivers for your graphics card just in case. My suggestion would be to try and get your settings out of the way to see what happens next. You can find these in "%APPDATA%\Adobe\Photoshop Elements". Just rename (or remove) this folder and then try again.

If that also doesn't work then I'm out of ideas. Seems bizarre that CC would work but Elements doesn't.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 20, 2020 Nov 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi ShelLuser,

Thank you for your answer, even late. I didn't do what you suggest, since yesterday, I had a phone cll from an Adobe representative support to fix the problem. In downloading a little software, he was able take remote control of my laptop. Here the steps that I remember (but not sure!) he did:

1) He deleted the SLStore folder (program Data--> Adobe). But that doesn't fix the problem.

2) He verify the errors in the event viewer of Windows. Nothing significant was present.

3) He opens the propriety of all Adobe folders to give all permissions in the tab "Security" to users or groups. But that doesn't fix the problem.

4) He deleted the Photoshop Elements folder (%APPDATA%\roaming\Adobe). But that doesn't fix the problem.

5) He deleted the SLCache (Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe). That fix the problem.

Like you read, it was uncertain even for the Adobe representative support.

Anyway. Thank you again for taking the time to suggest a solution. I appreciate very much!

Have a nice day!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines