• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The range does not contain enough fully selected pixels. The selection lines are not visible.

New Here ,
Oct 23, 2020 Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.

I now get this error message every time I try to select something in a photo for a new layer. I use the magnetic lasso for this.  A restart is also no help. However, I have done it before and not anymore.

ERROR MESSAGE:
"The range does not contain enough fully selected pixels. The selection lines are not visible. "

I cannot find this error in the manual.

What is meant in this report (actually there are two reports, that does not make it any clearer to me.

Knipsel selecteren.JPG

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have never seen his error message either.

1. Are you certain that you are working on a regular layer, not on an adjustment layer?

2. Increase the contrast on the layer that you are trying to make a selection on with the magnetic lasso tool. What happens?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work on 1 layer (background).

It looks like a malfunction.

Knipsel selecteren.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have a look at this other discussion with possible solutions:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-elements/why-do-i-get-a-quot-no-pixels-selected-quot-when-m...

The 'feather' setting is often the culprit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Translated is the feather. But is "Doezelaar" the feather in Photoshop for Dutch. It works anyway.  Thanks.

Knipsel selecteren.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines