• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Thumbnail view problems when saving a flattened layer file

Community Beginner ,
Jan 25, 2021 Jan 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After working on a multi-layered file in Photoshop Elements 2020, flattening the layers and saving as a TIFF file, the thumbnail of the image only shows one of the original layers, not the flattened image. However, if I then fully open the image in PSE, the correct full image is shown. It appears the only way to get a correct thumbnail image is to open the image, copy and save on a new document.

Kindly advise if there is a setting in PSE to correct this or is this a fault within PSE.

I run this on 64 bit Windows 10.

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does your layered file have any saved selections?

You can see by going to Select>Load Selection.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff,

Many thanks for the reply.

A couple of layers were copies of extracts from other images - one from a JPG file and one from a PSD file.

Kindly advise the file management technique to ensure the thumbnail replicates the flattened layer file (PSD or TIFF/JPG).

Many thanks for your assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before you flatten the file, make merged copy of all the layers by clicking on the top layer and then pressing

Shift+Ctrl+Alt+E.

Does that make any difference?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 26, 2021 Jan 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Jeff, I tried your last suggestion, using Shift+Ctrl+Alt+E. The problem still persists if I save the file as a TIFF, however the thumbnail image is fine if I save as a JPG. Hence this appears to to be a PSE software glitch. It is more of an inconvenience than a major problem, however it would be great if Adobe can solve this. A way around the problem is to initially save as a JPG, then immediately convert this to a TIFF, as I save my best images as TIFFs. However this route may lose a bit of image resolution (what is your opinion on this).

Again, thanks for your assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines