Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Thumbnails greyed out

Explorer ,
Dec 10, 2019 Dec 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PSE 18.0.0.0 on Win 10

On the People tab, all thumnails are greyed out, both for Named and UnNamed people. Mouse hovering over the thumbnail stacks doesn't do anything, I don't see a profile picture. When I click into one of the stacks, I see all non-greyed faces in that stack. Returning now to the overall People view and hovering with the mouse over the stacks, I do see all profile pictures, not only the one from the stack that I just went into.

Any help would be appreciated!

Rik

TOPICS
Organizer , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 11, 2019 Dec 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

How many media items you have in your catalog? What is the number of face stacks in People view? It seems you do see all the profile pictures now, so depending upon your catalog size, profile pictures are perhaps taking time to get loaded.

Also, is this a converted or a restored catalog from a backup?

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 14, 2019 Dec 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Somya,

There are almost 50k pictures in my catalog. If my memory serves me right, this is a resored catalog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 14, 2019 Dec 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I might add (though I don't know whether it's relevant) that PSE takes 2 min to switch from the Media tab to the People tab. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 01, 2020 Jan 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I only see a profile picture on the People tab if I hover with the mouse over its stack, If I move the mouse, the picture disappears. The number of named stacks is 699, the number of unnamed stacks is 126.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 20, 2020 Jan 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I did delete thumbs.5.cache, but that didn't make any difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines