• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Thumbnails no longer showing up in organizer

New Here ,
Dec 26, 2020 Dec 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Suddenly now, when I open the organizer and click on one of the mutiple folders  in the left column, the thumbnails do not show up in the center window.  Only a message shows up, saying, "No media to be displayed."  I have no idea what has happened.  What can I do to get the thumbnails to show up again?

I am using Photoshop Elements 11.

TOPICS
Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 27, 2020 Dec 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Does it happen for any folder in the left folder panel?

I assume from your question that the files do appear in the browsing space if you are in the normal 'All Media' mode.

Quick test: display your most recent files, choose one thumbnail and look at the properties panel on the right side. Which folder is indicated?  Does this folder show your 'No media...' message when selected in the left panel?

Other test.

Take a small batch of new photos.

Import them in your catalog, but instead of choosing 'from camera or card reader', choose from 'Files and folders' and browse to those photos. Will the photos appear in their folders (the card being still connected to the computer)?

I suspect there may be problem in the catalog about the identification of the drive containing the photos. Since the folder tree is constructed in the left folders panel by the organizer itself, that could be a consequence of reading a 'cloned' disk, which is common today when you replace an original system drive by a cloned SSD drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines