• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Time corruption when importing with Photoshop Elements Organizer

Engaged ,
Nov 02, 2019 Nov 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently returned from a trip to Hawaii.  On my way over to the islands I set the clock in my Nilon D850 to HST (Hawaiian Standard Time) which is UTC-10 hours and 4 hours earlier than in Boise, ID where I live.  Boise is on MDT (Mountain Daylight Time).  I imported my images from the trip using Elements Organizer 2019.  From a visual check of the images the import looked successful.  It was a few days later after I had imported some photos from my cell phone when I noticed the Nikon images had times that were 4 hours later than the times shown on a cell phone picture taken in the same location at roughly the same time.  So for some reason the Nikon images have been modifed so that their time is MDT not HST.  The modified time also appears in Adobe Bridge.  To confirm there was an issue I took the SD card and looked at the meta data usin exiftool.  Exiftool shown many different fields that had the correct HST time and no times that were MDT.  My camera GPS unti also recorded the correct time in UTC.  That makes me confident the original images and their meta data are correct.  Something has spontaneously changed the IMPORTANT time fields to the time at my home location.  That's definitely not desired.  All the Nikon images are NEF files.  I'm running on a Windows 10 system with all updates installed.  There are a couple things that I remember: (1) I think this was an issue in a version of Organizer several years ago and to the best of my knowledge it was fixed or disappeared, and (2) I thought I had made this post a day or two ago, but I can't find it in the Community, nor do I see it associated with my account.  I have had no responses so far.

TOPICS
Bug , Organizer , Problem or error

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 03, 2019 Nov 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can select all of the erroneously timed images and use the context menu to adjust the time by a set number of hours. 

And don't forget to set your clock back tonight.  😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 04, 2019 Nov 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I resorted to that method to adjust the time.  What bothers me is that PSE Organizer has changed the original time in my .NEF files.  In my opinion, the Nikon raw files should never be altered in that way.  The original shot time should only be changed if I tell some app to change it, not done spontaniously and unannounced.  At a minimum it's bad behavior of the program and more likely a design oversight resulting in a defect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines